AuthorTopic: [WIP] Character Animations (Need Critiques)  (Read 9676 times)

Offline hobbler_toppler

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Character Animations (Need Critiques)

Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 05:29:17 pm
I think you should start with a skeleton and build your animation off that.
I tried that. It didn't work so well. I don't know how to make the skeleton, or draw over it later.
Last time I tried that, the skeleton was too small to fit anything, so I had to draw over it.

Edit: Tried again. Here is the result:

Hello. I actually think this is a very decent run animation, but it is more suited to 2d/platformer style. As I was reading through the thread the first thing I noticed about your runcycle was the lack of vertical movement, making the character seem as though he/she were gliding over the ground like a ghost. It's good that you managed to catch that issue on your own.

I'm not very good at 2.5d art. I just thought I'd give you some encouragement. Keep it up!

Offline Akhirat

• Dreamer
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 03:31:15 am
Sorry for late response. I was really busy this week.
So, how do I make it, then? I made the second feet (with the lighter shade) 3 pixels under the darker one. So I thought I made the perspective right.
What can I do to fix it? I get that I don't have sense of ground, but I don't know how... "have it".

Thanks!
- "Dreams are what keeps us awake"

Offline Lanarky

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:31 am
Here's one of the best walking tutorials I have found, it's made by Ptoing.  :y:

Offline Akhirat

• Dreamer
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 06:22:18 am
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/899/899/e05c1db2fd5f0f4133084b18f37f08e7_large.gif?1378652027

If you want to emulate the style, might as well look at this as well.
Here's one of the best walking tutorials I have found, it's made by Ptoing.  :y:

I think now I understand the problem I had. Thanks! I'll try and post as soon as possible.
- "Dreams are what keeps us awake"