AuthorTopic: WIP Platfmormer Mockup thingy  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Acke

• Oh yeah! Pixel for me baby! ;)
    • View Profile

WIP Platfmormer Mockup thingy

on: December 26, 2006, 01:48:47 pm

The red stuff isnt finished yet and thereof the lack of texture on it atm. also the "trees" which arnt trees arnt done yet either, but please butcher whats been done so far. ;)

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Re: WIP Platfmormer Mockup thingy

Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 02:53:10 pm
It's rather hard to make out any detail on the character's face and the black on the legs looks like part of the background, maybe replace that with a dark red?

The ground looks very good, but I would think a programmer if actually making this a game wouldn't want to waste so much of the picture with a dark grey fill that isn't a gameplay element. I'm suggesting to add some texture or move the whole view down some.

The 'trees' look good, but the foremost one loses all lightsourcing at the top. It also looks somewhat faceted on the leftmost bit of its main trunk. Try using more of the colors in your palette to smooth that out.

The sky is okay, but you should use either more dither patterns or at least use the ones you have all the way. Currently you go from 25% dither to 50% dither to 100% and repeat that, try a 25-50-75-100 pattern of dithers.

The building looks great so far, and no real crits there, but I just wanted to say it'll look awesome with some more detail.

Offline st3ady

• i can has cheezburger?
    • View Profile
    • st3ady

Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:03:30 pm
its awesome Crash me rikey
the legs seem to be bent in a wierd way for me, or maybe he has wolf-type lower legs that are high up on the heel.  ???
reminds me of a chronicles of riddick type environment/setting
MOAR :-*

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 05:37:45 pm
My edit:

;)
Great palette.
Every pixel is important.