AuthorTopic: My Begginer Pixel Art Fountain in a Forest  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Akhirat

• Dreamer
    • View Profile

My Begginer Pixel Art Fountain in a Forest

on: April 17, 2014, 09:08:24 pm
Hello, all! I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. I thought my pixel art "skills" weren't going anywhere by training alone, so I joined this forum to learn with everyone!

So, this is the sprite of a fountain in a forest, in a grassy place, with a rock path by the side and some trees behind the fountain. I really tried working on the shadows on this one but I don't know if it went well...
Please, if possible, give me criticism and help me get better at pixel art! I really liked it, and I wanna improve.

I made two separate images. One with lightning (some yellow "gradient"), and another one without it (I don't know which one is better).
Here is the one with lightning:

And here is the one without it:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's bad, but I did the best I could...
And sorry if my english is bad. I'm not a native speaker.
- "Dreams are what keeps us awake"

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: My Begginer Pixel Art Fountain in a Forest

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:14:40 am
There's not much to say right now. It's too stylized and small. I'm not sure what the shape of the fountain is supposed to be, though. Why is it so jaggy on the lower lip?
I'd be interested in seeing a full scene. The colors look nice right now, though. Welcome to the forum. =)

Offline Akhirat

• Dreamer
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:09:33 am
Thank you. I didn't get this from the full game yet, I drew it all to see if I could draw a fountain near a grassy forest. But as soon as I finish the full scene, I'll be sure to post it.
Yes, now that you say it, the lower lip is too jaggy... it wasn't supposed to be that much. I'll make a single image for the fountain, and I'll soon upload (I'm working on my character and his animations now).
- "Dreams are what keeps us awake"

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 08:32:16 am
Post drafts of the scene its good to show your process.
And can you please post in 1:1 scale?
The forum has built in zoom in/out feature.