AuthorTopic: An artwork inspired by Uno Moralez.  (Read 6451 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

An artwork inspired by Uno Moralez.

on: April 11, 2014, 03:01:35 pm
This is a complete pixel art but any critique will be warmly appreciated.

Asia has to call it off for today, due to a severe case of runny nose.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/85347.htm

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:34:44 pm by skw »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: An artwork inspired by Uno Moralez.

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:42 pm
It's lovely. There's some perspective+scale problems with the scene, I think. The table in relation to the bed, for example. Somehow the items on top of the table feel like they're sitting wrong, like they don't match the perspective. Also that's a very small bed, or she's giant. Likewise, the height of the window shill behind her is very low, if she stands up she's going through the roof. Do you see it? This scale problem happens to me too a lot.

The horison line implied by where the edge lines of the bed converge means we'd need a more extreme perspective overal. I don't have a tablet to do a proper edit atm, but just pulling lines with the mouse:

This is a perception issue that I'm not entirely sure how it can be solved, besides mechanically telling yourself at the construction stage "is my figure in proportion with every prop? is my figure in proportion with the room? is my perspective a human perspective that would work for what I'm trying to do?" and going down through the checklist until it's second nature, I guess?

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:24 am
Hah ! Honestly, I haven't noticed that until you pointed it out. Sure, the mattress looks very small when you start analyzing (this, however, could be easily improved by stretching it to the left--behind the picture frame), and so does the window, or the whole room. The things cluttered on the desk are, in turn, too small as I see it now. I had some trouble with setting the right perspective and it's no secret I did it intuitively. I guess I will double check the initial sketch the next time I'll be drawing a full scene. Or toss it in here to reassure myself if it's properly done before laying out the details :) Thank you !
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:38 am
It's lovely. There's some perspective+scale problems with the scene, I think. The table in relation to the bed, for example. Somehow the items on top of the table feel like they're sitting wrong, like they don't match the perspective. Also that's a very small bed, or she's giant. Likewise, the height of the window shill behind her is very low, if she stands up she's going through the roof. Do you see it? This scale problem happens to me too a lot.

The horison line implied by where the edge lines of the bed converge means we'd need a more extreme perspective overal. I don't have a tablet to do a proper edit atm, but just pulling lines with the mouse:

This is a perception issue that I'm not entirely sure how it can be solved, besides mechanically telling yourself at the construction stage "is my figure in proportion with every prop? is my figure in proportion with the room? is my perspective a human perspective that would work for what I'm trying to do?" and going down through the checklist until it's second nature, I guess?
lol now the guy in the window looks even more suspicious.

her pose is good but i can't help wondering where her right arm is.
maybe if u brought that left forearm down a touch we could see more face and perhaps another hand somewhere.
i was going to suggest that right arm is stretched out to support the neck as it looks real uncomortable with no pillow but u might be going for a more fetal look perhaps.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:54:00 pm
I was going for a somehow uncomfortable pose, stiff, as if she's fighting with a headache, or something. I didn't really know where to put the right arm, so I left it out...but still, I see, it should be drawn out to make the pose look more realistic. Thanks!

The guy in the window is, in fact, a bumper sticker I made: http://bit.ly/1itEXzR; it's supposed to act as a signature :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:55:37 pm by skw »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 08:51:18 am
Right arm could be underneath and stretching it out would look more relaxed, against what you were going for.
I find the short upper arm more distracting myself.
Maybe some different foreground items would create more angst.
E.g. Ashtray, bottle, glass.