AuthorTopic: Space Expedition / Космическая экспедиция [BETA]  (Read 4625 times)

Offline AsPic

• View Profile
    • Art works

I need you feedback. Please help with it.)
This is my litle game project. You can test it here (24,4 mb).

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I like the lighting effects, but they make it hard to critique and impossible to edit. Can we get some separate assets to look at?

Offline Kosvid

• View Profile
It is wonderful, even magickal. The only thing I don`t like really much is that all the blue lights are overblurred, especially on the first picture. And the main character, in my opinion, is too... simle. Try to make him more stylish so he would suit the game atmosphere.

Offline Alex Sinigaglia

• aka G.o.D.
    • god-of-death-alex
    • View Profile
I like the effects and the backgrounds; it might be just me but since I'm not used to character that small I can't understand if he/she is facing left or right.

In the third image, the rock/mountain in the left looks too scaled/pixelated and I can't understand what's going on with the rock in the right; did the monsters destroy that?

Or is it smoke?

Offline AsPic

• View Profile
    • Art works
Just play it man! Please.) I need a controls & atmosphere feedback.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Cool game.
Nice art.
Got to the 2nd stage, 2nd checkpoint or so.

Quick feedback:

-- I like the simple inventory.
I kinda wonder what it'd feel like if all objects sorted forward as I used them.
If I'm holding 5 blocks, it might be nice just to press '1' 5 times to drop all of them.
But I dunno.
The numbers are kinda fun to push.

-- The dudes run animation plays a tiny bit slow.
But that is just personal preference.
It looks fine.

-- Couldn't skip the text after level 1

-- Game was fully understandable even tho it wasn't in English

Will play more later and give more thoughts.
Kinda busy.

Also you are new:
Welcome to Pixelation.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:32:50 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Just play it man! Please.) I need a controls & atmosphere feedback.
We're on a pixelart forum. I played the game, but if you want comments on the controls, I won't be posting them here.

Atmosphere was good, color use really worked for me.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
I like your demo. Nice atmosphere, I like jetpack as aditional equipment. I think that it shouldn't be in inventory, but activated as option. I like how screens change instantly when you're jumping off the screen.

Secret areas are good for this kind of games but I didn't see what was that thing that I've collected and what is for. Stages with time limit are interesting but don't use them too often, they can be tiring.

Spider like creatures are very unoriginal, I bet that you can come up with something much more interesting.

I agree with PixelPiledriver
If I'm holding 5 blocks, it might be nice just to press '1' 5 times to drop all of them.

Also controls are a bit all over the place. I'm running from lava using arrows, pressing Z to jump, but at the same time I need to go up and press a number to drop the block without a mistake.

Game reminds me to "Zombotron" game which is good.

Overall good demo. :)

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage
cool demo!

some feedback:
* don't make the player die if player spams jumpbutton and holds direciton right from the lift where lava is following.
* don't make the game hang with message "O YEPT..." when I place the block near the gun turret.
* it was okay to remove jetpack from stage 1 to stage 2, but removing it when u get up from the lava lift is not okay.

Very very cool game!
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube