AuthorTopic: Ghosts'n DJ's  (Read 3829 times)

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Ghosts'n DJ's

on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:06 pm
this is myself as character of my upcoming game Ghost's n DJ's , hope you like it

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Ghosts'n DJ's

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:39 pm
Somehow I really like it.  ;D That determined look and a lot of frames is what make this piece amusing.

It looks like he have metal pipe instead of backbone, his torso is too rigid. Maybe he should lean back a bit, that would make him more flexible and it will boost impression that he is running for his life.

Is there more of this?  :D

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:22:33 pm
It looks like he have metal pipe instead of backbone, his torso is too rigid.

lol so true. it does not look that rigid when you have the background scrolling , but its true , i might get into that and try to fix it

i have more sprites as enemies but this is the most complex anim, the rest of them uses the same legs but simpler arm animations

wait i have one that flies with bat wings , thats is interesting, posting in next post

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:16 pm
here "Steve Sushi" bat version

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:11 pm
Very good.  :y: Wing animations is  perfect.  There is a glitch with his left foot, in last frame his feet need cleaning, and chest shading is very blurry. You can achieve better effect with just two or three colors(third one for AA) if you keep it simple like in cartoons.
Did you use some special technique for wings?

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:12:43 pm
damn its true, here is a glitch on the shoe, thanks for your sharp eyes

agree, too many white/grey colors the shirt was one of the first things i did before realizing less is more sometimes

i have to be honest, i didn't create the wings, i just adapted them to fit my character from another animation i picked from a website

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:48:07 pm
Too bad.  :( I asked for a reason, cause they are created in much higher technique then the rest of the character. First I thought that you've draw over some video frames cause it's very very realistic.

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 11:33:06 pm
the only thing i can credit myself on the wings is to interpolate some frames to make it more fluid as the original anim had half of the frames

on the body i guess i should make the torso to move a little , maybe stretching it up and down following the way the legs go , and maybe the same with the neck so the head goes up and down just one pixel , i did some anim on the hair to emulate the inertia and gravity , but its not so noticeable, for some reason i was not liking it to move too much

Offline DrKucho

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:33:02 pm
i modded it,  less colors on the shirt and also added hair movement and some changes on the legs torso arms and head position, looks better , not so rigid as before, but still the arms look weirdy

sorry i screwed up , this one does loop forever
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:18:12 am by PixelPiledriver »