AuthorTopic: Yay, pixelation is back  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Tom

• View Profile

Yay, pixelation is back

on: August 28, 2005, 11:54:59 pm
  - PIXELATION -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yay pixelation is back,

I hate when people post unfinished works but I just wanted to do a pixel piece to celebrate and I dont have any time to play :s so yeh heres something uncreative and unfinished and bleh.

oh and its been a while since i pixelled so Im very rusty. No serious crits needed, just general happines for pixelation and all its sensual goat lovingness.

Tom

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Yay, pixelation is back

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 01:33:22 am
Hello Tom! Welcome back! Here's your goat for the evening!

oh and here's some critique to go with it:

*contrast! just add 20 more contrast to this in photoshop and it's much, much better. the darker become darker and your highlight becomes pure white (which is good, for metal)

*I'd lose the dithering, when it comes to metal, personally. That's when you either add shades, or do some sort of cell-shading sylistic trick. Dithering suggests texture. Metal doesn't have a rough texture.

*some jaggies on the black outlines

*not enough goat

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Yay, pixelation is back

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 04:11:42 am
Just wanted to mention that I think the lighting and shadeing looks too uniform and consistant throughout the piece causeing it to emit a sense of flatness like some sort of relief architecture (example: http://www.cambridge2000.com/gallery/images/PC0417168.jpg )
Hope that helps.