AuthorTopic: Writer looking for a team to build Horror RPG  (Read 2167 times)

Offline dexi.green

• View Profile

Writer looking for a team to build Horror RPG

on: April 05, 2014, 03:31:13 am
"Living a normal life is fine. You have friends who care, always have something to do, in a sense, you live a carefree life. Sadly not everyone can take the pressures of a "normal" life. Sometimes you just have to get away. Whether its into a book, or art, or into your mind. Creating a world that is entirely your own, where you control it all, and you can give yourself the challenges you need."

Hi, I'm Dexi. I am just a senior in high school but I have always loved video games, writing and mystery. I have been working on several different plots for stories and games since I was 12, and I have continued trying to better them as I grew up. I am still working out a few kinks in the story but I would really like to make this game a reality. The game would be somewhat similar to Mad Father, Ib and Misao (I'm sorry if you are getting tired of hearing about these games by now, but there is a reason they are popular) a Horror RPG, that could be made with RPG Maker.

I've been trying my best to turn this story into a full length story, but because of it's roots, I can't see it as anything other than a video game. Unfortunately I do not possess all the needed skills or tools to do this by myself.

Illustrator- I myself have drawn/sketched the characters so I have a basic idea of what I would like to see character wise, but I personally don't believe my art is quality enough for the game. I have one illustrator, but it doesn't hurt to have a few to really flesh out character and area designs!
Pixel Artist/Animator- I personally have no background in pixel art/sprites or animation, despite my attempts. I wouldn't think that this would be anything more than some few basic animations.
Developer/Coder- I am almost completely clueless with this stuff. I can write the story but putting the code into anything (even just RPG Maker) is still a huge struggle for me.
Composer- I have very few people in mind that could help out with music and sounds, but in very little ways, so I would need someone who can really do this.

I do realize I am being pretty vague with all of this but as I said, I am new to this and I just need some people who can help me with this project (while understanding that I have no understanding of a lot of this). I am willing to give you more information on my ideas for characters, the plot, etc. But I really just want it to be my story, told by several other magnificent people, that can bring their own light to it. The plot is still not 100% so anybody on the team could also submit their ideas for what should happen.

I'd love to work with anyone who loves the RPG Horror genre just as much as I, anyone who loves doing what they do. Basically, all in all, I have basic character designs, basic plot points and outcomes, and a general feel for what i want the atmosphere of the game to be like, i just need others to help bring it all together c:

Here are some links that you can use to get in contact with me:
dexi-green.tumblr.com
dexigreen.deviantart.com
dexigreen@gmail.com

If you have any questions, want to know more, or anything like that please message me c:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:59:36 am by dexi.green »