AuthorTopic: Skelly knight WIP  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Skelly knight WIP

on: March 27, 2014, 06:52:20 pm

I figured I should get it critiqued before going any further.

It won't stay monochrome. Given its size I was decided not to adhere to strict anatomy.  Hopefully the shading on the metal parts is a bit more convincing than my previous effort.

Troubles:
  • foreshortening on the mallet thing.
  • Making the armor/weapon look dented and used, like it belongs on a character that's been dead for a long time.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Skelly knight WIP

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:29 pm
I really like your idea. I made an edit of your work to help you solve some of your problems. If your have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:01:19 pm
Looks great. Minor nitpick from me:

The mallet doesn't read like a weapon to me. The closest side of the cross has sloping surfaces, like a roof, yet the opposite side looks flat. This makes the cross looks more like a miniature house, with the closest side being the roof and the opposite side being the floor.  :)

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:14:05 pm
Woot, you fixed things I hadn't even realized were weird. The head in particular looks less L.D. and your shield is excellent as well. The design is simple and makes use of the space. Very cool.

I'll have to pore over your changes (and resist the urge to plagiarize)  ;D

You're right about the weapon. When I came up with it, it was just so bizarre that I had to keep it that way as an experiment. I might decide its ridiculous and scrap it for a more conventional weapon. I'll see what I can do to mitigate what you noticed.