AuthorTopic: [C+C] Puzzle platform game  (Read 2433 times)

Offline quervo

• View Profile

[C+C] Puzzle platform game

on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:59 pm
Hi, i wanna show you an idea for a game that came up playing with the telekinesis factor. Actually it was an excuse for doing something, but turn out that the idea looks funny and interesting to exploid, so this is what COULD look like

I forgot, the game is trying to be a puzzle/action/platform game...some kind of graphic adventure about an old wizard that..blablalblab. the story is in progress but the goal is to use the telekenisis to solve mazes that alouds the progression. For mazes i mean this

anyways that part is not implemented yet
Also i wold like to have some advice for the walk of the wiz, since i dont have any clues on how to make it smooth, i think it is too robotic/static  but at the time, i sence it should be a little stiff for an old man movement..but i donknow, maybe its not possible..help please, any comment is welcome :)

Offline cels

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/32715.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Puzzle platform game

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:26:25 pm
Interesting idea for a game.

First off, I think it would be smarter for you to get some criticism on the sprite itself before worrying about animation. Otherwise, you're going to have to change all those animations later if you want to fix the issues people will point out in regards to the wizard sprite. I think there's a lot of potential for improvement.

As far as the walking cycle, my first advice is to just google walking cycle. Look for animation guides, it's all the same whether it's cartoons or pixel art. Look at tutorials on Youtube. Look for some tutorials on PixelJoint, perhaps. Right off the bat:
- The hood and robe are moving very rapidly and unnaturally, when they should be flowing slowly.
- His hips and upper body should be moving up and down as he walks. Walking is basically falling forward, then moving your foot forward to break the fall, lifting yourself upward and falling forward again for the next step.
- His hand is just moving up and down, when it should be swinging back and forth . Most people move their right arm forward when they move their left leg forward. As the hip turns when you walk, the shoulders turn in the opposite direction.

Long story short: Look at tutorials. All this stuff is explained in great detail elsewhere, no need to wait for someone on this forum to explain it all  ;D

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:05:20 pm
Im glad of your feedback, i was looking exactly that kind of criticicsm... about the syle itself: environment feeling, proportions and stuff.
The oldman is the second placeholder, so im figured with the time is gonna chage a lot. For my perspective, is too 2D, makes it very plastic, im gonna try some others perspectives
thanks for the tip, ill be looking and trying tutorials, there is a lot here and in pixeljoint....like for 2 years a learning x)
cheers

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:47 pm
A little update of the wizard. I change the perspective from the first one, now it looks very good to me but im not sure of the colors, and the proportions. In case you wonder, it will not have arms, just a robe and the nose x)

It still needs a lot of work, but i dont wanna start animating without some feed from you. C+C WIP and the thanks :)