AuthorTopic: Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG  (Read 25241 times)

Offline Eminence

• View Profile
    • Eminence: Xander's Tales

Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

on: March 27, 2014, 02:05:19 pm
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am a game developer who is currently working on a brand new online TCG / MMORPG. In a nutshell, Eminence is an MMO trading card game featuring an explorable real time world driven by an immersive and evolving story. The game itself also takes inspiration from classic RPGs like; Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda, including TCG games as well as community driven cooperative play (Multiplayer, Team based coop and a fully integrated Guild system).

Thank you in advance for your support, feel free to contact us if you wish to know more about the project or contribute towards ideas, we are very happy to hear your feedback and opinions!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:06:30 pm by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Re: Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:42 pm

Our latest Ixion Division cards. More to follow! Feedback / Comments appreciated.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:01:09 pm
I LOVE the art direction for the GUI, cards etc. But the characters look out of place..

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:00:18 pm
I LOVE the art direction for the GUI, cards etc. But the characters look out of place..

Hello Seiseki, thank you for your feedback so far!

The chibi characters will be part of the explorable world which has not yet been revealed, rest assured the avatars along with the graphical elements that blend both the card battle system and interactive world will be seamless in terms of design.

We plan on pushing out a game play trailer soon which will highlight the game in its entirety. Stay posted!

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:15 pm
It's just that the styles seem almost opposite..

The rest of the art is very outline heavy, with lots of slick details, a desaturated palette.
I'm pretty jealous of the style actually, it's something I wish I had come up with.

The characters, especially the faces look pretty standard for chibi characters and mobile/social games.
I'm not saying they look bad, far from it, but they don't stand out as much as the cards and gui.

I'm curious as to how you'll be blending the styles together.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:57:32 am
TCG x MMORPG always seems like an interesting idea. I hope the implementation will be top notch  :y: (mainly business model, really don't want a game with potential of this caliber to die off quickly).

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:48:50 pm
It's just that the styles seem almost opposite..

The rest of the art is very outline heavy, with lots of slick details, a desaturated palette.
I'm pretty jealous of the style actually, it's something I wish I had come up with.

The characters, especially the faces look pretty standard for chibi characters and mobile/social games.
I'm not saying they look bad, far from it, but they don't stand out as much as the cards and gui.

I'm curious as to how you'll be blending the styles together.

Hello again Seiseki!

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted to hear you are digging the visual aesthetics of our cards!

One key point of the avatar selection is the option to fully customise facial features, so players have the ability to choose from a variety of different eye / nose / hair palettes etc. We have carefully implemented our avatars in situ with the in-game explorable world and the card battle system. Our game trailer will reveal our plans with the art direction, not long now sir!  :lol:

TCG x MMORPG always seems like an interesting idea. I hope the implementation will be top notch  :y: (mainly business model, really don't want a game with potential of this caliber to die off quickly).

Hi yaomon17 and welcome! We are working extremely hard refining and crafting the TCG x MMORPG system, our plan is to release a trailer within the next few weeks showcasing gameplay footage. Stay tuned!  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:51:25 pm by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:51 pm
Introducing Qinglong - Guardian of Judgement and the final card of the Ixion Division.

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:38 pm
Superb art direction. Slick & classy.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 07:59:47 pm
Superb art direction. Slick & classy.

Thank you tim, and welcome to the Eminence thread!

In other news, we are happy to showcase our customizable avatars thus far! We plan to showcase more in the forthcoming weeks. Each set of division avatars relate to the card divisions in terms of style and aesthetics. Images in order of divisions; Ixion / Aeterna.