AuthorTopic: Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG  (Read 25606 times)

Offline Eminence

• View Profile
    • Eminence: Xander's Tales

Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

on: March 27, 2014, 02:05:19 pm
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am a game developer who is currently working on a brand new online TCG / MMORPG. In a nutshell, Eminence is an MMO trading card game featuring an explorable real time world driven by an immersive and evolving story. The game itself also takes inspiration from classic RPGs like; Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda, including TCG games as well as community driven cooperative play (Multiplayer, Team based coop and a fully integrated Guild system).

Thank you in advance for your support, feel free to contact us if you wish to know more about the project or contribute towards ideas, we are very happy to hear your feedback and opinions!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:06:30 pm by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Re: Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:42 pm

Our latest Ixion Division cards. More to follow! Feedback / Comments appreciated.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:01:09 pm
I LOVE the art direction for the GUI, cards etc. But the characters look out of place..

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:00:18 pm
I LOVE the art direction for the GUI, cards etc. But the characters look out of place..

Hello Seiseki, thank you for your feedback so far!

The chibi characters will be part of the explorable world which has not yet been revealed, rest assured the avatars along with the graphical elements that blend both the card battle system and interactive world will be seamless in terms of design.

We plan on pushing out a game play trailer soon which will highlight the game in its entirety. Stay posted!

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:15 pm
It's just that the styles seem almost opposite..

The rest of the art is very outline heavy, with lots of slick details, a desaturated palette.
I'm pretty jealous of the style actually, it's something I wish I had come up with.

The characters, especially the faces look pretty standard for chibi characters and mobile/social games.
I'm not saying they look bad, far from it, but they don't stand out as much as the cards and gui.

I'm curious as to how you'll be blending the styles together.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:57:32 am
TCG x MMORPG always seems like an interesting idea. I hope the implementation will be top notch  :y: (mainly business model, really don't want a game with potential of this caliber to die off quickly).

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:48:50 pm
It's just that the styles seem almost opposite..

The rest of the art is very outline heavy, with lots of slick details, a desaturated palette.
I'm pretty jealous of the style actually, it's something I wish I had come up with.

The characters, especially the faces look pretty standard for chibi characters and mobile/social games.
I'm not saying they look bad, far from it, but they don't stand out as much as the cards and gui.

I'm curious as to how you'll be blending the styles together.

Hello again Seiseki!

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted to hear you are digging the visual aesthetics of our cards!

One key point of the avatar selection is the option to fully customise facial features, so players have the ability to choose from a variety of different eye / nose / hair palettes etc. We have carefully implemented our avatars in situ with the in-game explorable world and the card battle system. Our game trailer will reveal our plans with the art direction, not long now sir!  :lol:

TCG x MMORPG always seems like an interesting idea. I hope the implementation will be top notch  :y: (mainly business model, really don't want a game with potential of this caliber to die off quickly).

Hi yaomon17 and welcome! We are working extremely hard refining and crafting the TCG x MMORPG system, our plan is to release a trailer within the next few weeks showcasing gameplay footage. Stay tuned!  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:51:25 pm by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:51 pm
Introducing Qinglong - Guardian of Judgement and the final card of the Ixion Division.

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:38 pm
Superb art direction. Slick & classy.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 07:59:47 pm
Superb art direction. Slick & classy.

Thank you tim, and welcome to the Eminence thread!

In other news, we are happy to showcase our customizable avatars thus far! We plan to showcase more in the forthcoming weeks. Each set of division avatars relate to the card divisions in terms of style and aesthetics. Images in order of divisions; Ixion / Aeterna.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 08:53:56 pm
Introducing Kujata - The Omnislayer and the first card of the Wilkurse Division.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 12:00:35 pm
We are extremely excited to showcase our board design for the Eminence CBS (Card Battle System).

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:16 pm
... oh god, are you making an epic amazing Triple Triad? Because that would be awesome

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 02:42:40 pm
Oh my god. Want. Now. Where can I throw my money?
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 11:22:08 pm
... oh god, are you making an epic amazing Triple Triad? Because that would be awesome

We are indeed! With additional features and our own unique spin to an old classic. Thank you for showing support!  :)

Oh my god. Want. Now. Where can I throw my money?

Hello Crow, we aim to push out a teaser trailer soon which will reveal more of the games core features.

Your comments have spread smiles across the entire office.  :lol:

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 12:56:25 pm
Our latest card release; Laurelle - Shadow of Rebellion.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 06:03:02 pm
Our mid may contest. Goodluck to all participants:

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 12:15:56 am
Introducing Orion - Hybrid Gunslinger and part of the Wilkurse division.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:25 am
Introducing Onyx - The Last Remnant and Guardian card for the Wikurse Division

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 12:51:26 pm
The divine lands of the Ixion nation. One of many locations you'll come across in your Eminence adventures.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 10:41:56 pm
The Virtual World of Artalys. Sneak peak at four explorable zones of the world map.

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 07:52:35 am
This is getting more and more exciting every time you post.  :)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 05:34:54 pm
Yes, you guys are doing a great job promoting your product before it launches, and before your kickstarter even.

Loving the concept art renderings.

Interesting how the Japanese temple setting in your last post uses a straight-on perspective for the stairs and landing in order to solve the isometric angle issue - if iso was used, the right side steps wouldn't have been visible. I can't quite decide if this break in your isometric angle standard is acceptable or not, but I'm leaning towards Yes. I'm probably over-thinking it. Currently dealing with an orthographic projection project of my own.

Also in last post, top left golden castle place's foliage seem lifted from the high-detail/texture concept paintings and inserted into the flat-shaded iso world. Graphics style clash.

Loving the clean, classy lineart graphics. And how the card's/GUI's lineart style is infused into many details of the iso worlds is clever. Good move!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 11:11:49 pm
This is getting more and more exciting every time you post.  :)

Why thank you Ellian, stay posted for more content in the forthcoming weeks!  :)

Yes, you guys are doing a great job promoting your product before it launches, and before your kickstarter even.

Loving the concept art renderings.

Interesting how the Japanese temple setting in your last post uses a straight-on perspective for the stairs and landing in order to solve the isometric angle issue - if iso was used, the right side steps wouldn't have been visible. I can't quite decide if this break in your isometric angle standard is acceptable or not, but I'm leaning towards Yes. I'm probably over-thinking it. Currently dealing with an orthographic projection project of my own.

Also in last post, top left golden castle place's foliage seem lifted from the high-detail/texture concept paintings and inserted into the flat-shaded iso world. Graphics style clash.

Loving the clean, classy lineart graphics. And how the card's/GUI's lineart style is infused into many details of the iso worlds is clever. Good move!

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Regarding your comments about the isometric painting, there will be some aspects of the game where we will be combining both iso and top down perspectives in the game. This will provide you with more options for exploration as other games such as Diablo have done in the past. Your orthographic project sounds interesting, what is it about?

You have a good eye for detail! It is our intention to merge the concept painting style with the flat shading (as seen in the castle both the golden and grey castle settings) as we believe it will give us a unique visual look not seen in other games.

We will plan to release more screenshots soon as well as gameplay footage which will give you a better idea of our visual style. In the meantime if you have any more questions (or ideas!), just give us a shout! We really appreciate the feedback and support.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 03:53:41 pm
Hi all! We are pleased to showcase more development work on our customisable characters within the world of Eminence. Stay posted for further updates.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 11:47:44 pm
We are pleased to reveal a sneak peek of our card battle system!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:33 pm
Cards of the first three Divisions. Who will you pledge your allegiance to - #Aeterna, #Ixion or #Wilkurse?

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 05, 2014, 02:16:37 am
Introducing the Hollows Division. Find out the identities of these warriors over the coming weeks

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 09:58:17 pm
Introducing Malphas - The Uncrowned King and first card of the Hollows Division.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33:44 pm
Concept Artwork for our newest division; The Hollows.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 09:03:56 pm
A new force of the Hollows Division who seeks a hostile oblivion, Millennia. http://buff.ly/1wB38zS

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 09:29:22 pm
Beautiful stuff.

Digging the new Hallows winter concept art. Both odd and interesting how the summer-ish one and Hallows scene use the same exact composition. Makes the represented divisions feel, as in - on equal footing/equally matched, yet distinctly different from each. Like races in an RTS. Starcraft's Terran, Zerg, and Protoss are (supposed to be) equally matched, yet are complete different from one another.

This post, showing the mysterious Hallows division silhouettes - it's painfully inconsistent that "Diablo" has inner gradients but the others do not.
Depending on how much of the character's design you want to give away, I highly recommend consistently using either means of painting a mysterious shadowy silhouette.

How are you coming up with all the cool names for each card?
Names are tough.

. . .
Thank you so much for your kind comments! Regarding your comments about the isometric painting, there will be some aspects of the game where we will be combining both iso and top down perspectives in the game. This will provide you with more options for exploration as other games such as Diablo have done in the past. Your orthographic project sounds interesting, what is it about?
. . .
Wish I could expound. But at this time, I cannot. SSSSHHHHHHHHH

Keep posting!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 09:03:35 am
Beautiful stuff.

Digging the new Hallows winter concept art. Both odd and interesting how the summer-ish one and Hallows scene use the same exact composition. Makes the represented divisions feel, as in - on equal footing/equally matched, yet distinctly different from each. Like races in an RTS. Starcraft's Terran, Zerg, and Protoss are (supposed to be) equally matched, yet are complete different from one another.

This post, showing the mysterious Hallows division silhouettes - it's painfully inconsistent that "Diablo" has inner gradients but the others do not.
Depending on how much of the character's design you want to give away, I highly recommend consistently using either means of painting a mysterious shadowy silhouette.

How are you coming up with all the cool names for each card?
Names are tough.

. . .
. . .
Wish I could expound. But at this time, I cannot. SSSSHHHHHHHHH

Keep posting!

Thanks Mathias!

You're spot on about the composition! That's exactly what we have been going for with the divisions. We plan to do a couple more to represent the other divisions as well. I really like your Starcraft analogy as well

Regarding the silhouettes, all the cards have a subtle gradient to them, however the guardian cards (always the card revealed at the end on the far right) will always have something special designed into them. It was intentional to set it apart as they are more powerful.

And names, wooh! a procedure in itself. We go through so many variants to try and tie in the characters title.. Very intuitive process. But we enjoy doing it nonetheless!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 06:40:56 pm
A presentation of some in game screens showcasing the variety of landscapes featured in Eminence.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 08:41:38 pm
A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it?

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 12:20:06 pm
The harbinger of death, Evalisk, resides in the rifts of a timeless void...

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:39 am
The Eminence Marketplace - your one stop shop for all card, equipment and gear needs.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 11:25:17 pm
We are pleased to showcase our guardian card for the Hollows division; Diablo - Devils Tower.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:30 pm
Forge alliances and friendships. A brand new journey awaits. Not long to go until our Kickstarter launches!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 06:12:24 pm
Card releases of the first four Divisions. Who do you pledge your allegiance to?

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:45 am
Concept painting for Ixia - The homeland of Ixion, one of the many places you can traverse in Eminence.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:02:42 am by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 11:43:24 pm
Our latest gameplay screenshot, showing a boss battle and one of the card rules in campaign mode.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 04:18:33 pm
New concept artwork of the planets most advanced city, the Upper World of Wilkurse.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 08:13:21 am
Update on the latest armour progression for each division!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 09:14:22 pm
A screenshot showing off the character customization interface. Working on adding more options!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:16 pm

I would like to invite you all to our Eminence art contest! The rules are simple:

Draw your character, give it a name, gender and a division from the starting four: Aeterna, Ixion, Wilkurse or Hollows.

Submit your entry by tweeting back to @playeminence ... Alternatively you can send us your artwork to hello@playeminence.com

Winner will be selected on 28th September and will have their character illustrated into the game as a playable card.
(Artist will also receive the card as part of their starting deck)

SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON: 25th September

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:10 pm
The Eminence: Xander's Tales trailer. Our Kickstarter launches tomorrow. We're nearly there!

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #47 on: August 27, 2014, 11:30:24 pm
Looking really nice! Any plan on adding an option to back through paypal?

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 12:10:01 am
Looking really nice! Any plan on adding an option to back through paypal?

Hi yaomon17! Thank you for your comment, we appreciate it.

In regards to a paypal option, yes we plan on introducing it after we hit our first stretch goal.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 08:26:12 pm

We are now on kickstarter, for those interested in learning more about our project please visit:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661433091/eminence-xanders-tales

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #50 on: September 01, 2014, 09:43:53 pm

The Eminence Team wanted to pay homage to numerous gaming legends who all played a key part in our lives growing up. It's important to note that these cards will not appear in Eminence: Xander's Tales but were created merely as fan art.

All the characters depicted in these designs and their IP belong to their respective owners/studios.

To view more of our tributes, visit: http://buff.ly/1r6ADe7
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:28:05 am by Eminence »

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 03:46:31 pm
For years, this notorious Division has groomed troubled young girls into merciless killers. Harlequins are trained to subdue their emotions and lend their powers to other nations for financial and political benefits. As their purpose to create conflict benefits them financially, some believe they are influencers of key wars which have plagued Artalys. Harlequins heighten their Alchemy powers by pledging to the Guardian Gemini. They're brought up to believe that the state of happiness in a dying word is an illusion which hastens ones death.

Introducing the first card of the Division, Tragedy.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 11:07:53 am
Hi guys,
thought I'd introduce you to Kana.

This sinister harlequin uses trickery to achieve what she wants. Since a young age, she revelled in the misery of others to often mask her own troubled childhood. She was instantly promoted to a higher rank in the Division by strategically killing her predecessor. Kana serves the Harlequins as the organisations key spy and has shifted through many nations under numerous appearances conducting wide scale espionage.

Though detached from the other members, her bond with Riddle is strong and has enabled the two to often work together using one anothers skills to achieve their goals. Despite lacking the same level of physical strength found with other Harlequins, she makes up for it with strong Alchemy abilities and high intelligence.

SUPPORT us on Kickstarter :

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 12:20:18 pm
Shurikan - Blades of Enlightenment

As Indra's right hand, Shurikan's sole duty is the protection of Ixions relic, its people and enforcing the beliefs and principles of the land. He is regarded as one of the nations strongest warriors and the only person to ever put a scratch on the great sage Indra during a sparring session. A unique mask and armour adorns his body made from the skin of Indra's own guardian, Qinglong, providing him with unparalleled defence against physical attacks. His fierce martial arts skills uniquely combined with the power of Chakra Alchemy has enabled him to easily subdue large groups of enemies at a time.

Card

In Game Version

SUPPORT us on Kickstarter:

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: September 07, 2014, 10:35:59 pm

Gemini - Divinity of Chaos

Once known by the Harlequins as the beautiful war maidens, Rozlyn and Nimesh wielded legendary fighting abilities. One shined with bright intellect and the other elicited extraordinary strength and agility. The two, un-separated for years went on to win battle after battle.

Nimesh came to resent Rozlyn for her remarkable strength. Seduced by the dark power contained in the relics, she absorbed too much antima and lost her soul to the guardian Gemini. Nimesh, consumed by the guardian waged destruction and began slaughtering in countless numbers. Forced to battle her own, a duel between sisters collided into a bloody fight. With the conflict ending in both of their deaths.

Their legacies lived on through their youngest sister Roza, who cried endlessly for their return. The souls of Rozlyn and Nimesh manifested into Roza's mind, and their war continued. With one trying to use Roza's body as a vessel for destruction and the other vowing to protect her youngest sibling. Over time, the Harlequins have tried to train Roza to harness the power of her kin. However, the two sisters' conflict has driven Roza into madness making her wield uncontrollable strength, which often cannot be contained by the Harlequins themselves.

For more information on our Kickstarter, visit: http://buff.ly/1r6ADe7

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 10:04:07 am
Eminence Weapons

Today we wanted to give you guys a little treat and show you some of the cool weapons you'll be able to equip your character with. This edition focuses on those who live by the sword.
You'll be able to upgrade your weapons as you level up your character. These images show the progression of weapons in the game for the first four Divisions.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:46 am
Guilds are one of the most exciting parts of Eminence: XT. Form allegiances with other players or invite your friends to join and earn bragging rights by defeating other Guilds. Work together as a team to tackle some of the games toughest quests and uncover the Eminence: XT story together.

Being a member of a Guild gives you access to Guild Duelling, where you and four other members of your team can go head to head with another Guild. In addition to Guild bases (which will be explained in a later update), cards can still be wagered giving the winning Guild the opportunity to take cards from the losing Guild in ranked GvG (Guild vs Guild) duels.

Here's an idea of how a Guild Card Duel looks:

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: September 21, 2014, 04:52:32 pm
Roewyn - Arrows of Elysium

Our kickstarter: http://kck.st/1vqRF9U  ... Every little helps! Share, pledge or simply give us your feedback.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 03:20:49 pm
We are pleased to announce our playable demo ready to test and try out this week! More information can be found on our Kickstarter page.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:00 am

You can now buy physical versions of our cards plus more! For more information, visit our Kickstarter!

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #60 on: October 03, 2014, 07:32:37 pm
Introducing a sneak peek of our newest division - Scion.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: October 05, 2014, 11:10:55 am
We've had a few questions asking whether there will be card animations and the answer is...Yes! Our goal is to make every card beautifully animated when used in a duel to enhance the overall experience. Here are a few examples of how they may look (this still a working progress and the final implementation may change):)

Our Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1vqRF9U

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 07:37:08 pm
Aaaaaaaaand you guys just got funded.

Well done. £50,000 in the bag.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: October 07, 2014, 01:35:55 pm
Aaaaaaaaand you guys just got funded.

Well done. £50,000 in the bag.

Thank you so much Mathias! What a rollercoaster journey its been.  :lol:

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #64 on: October 07, 2014, 02:15:35 pm
It was a nail-biter.
Just a week ago, I felt sure the goal wasn't going to be met.

Really digging the character style update. WAY better.

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: October 07, 2014, 06:21:49 pm
It was a nail-biter.
Just a week ago, I felt sure the goal wasn't going to be met.

Really digging the character style update. WAY better.

I'm glad you like 'em Mathias! We will continue to refine these during development.  :)

Offline Eminence

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: March 30, 2015, 09:39:55 am

Greetings Alchemists, time for another edition of our Road to Launch updates.

We sat down and thought hard about when we'll be able to let you guys try out an alpha build. We decided to aim for the fall. We'll do our best to hopefully give you guys a taste of what's to come. The alpha will give you the opportunity to start creating your accounts and challenging other players around the world. In the process, you'll be able to start building your decks and give us valuable feedback, helping to shape the development of the game.

We'll keep you posted in the forthcoming weeks on progress and updates on our road to launch. Until next time!