AuthorTopic: Looking for pixel artist for a potentially very FUN project! (realtime mult RPG)  (Read 2378 times)

Offline argitoth

• View Profile
Project Utumno
Are you tired of those games with fantastic graphics but no game play? Want an experience that is new and unexplored every time you go through it? If the answer is yes, you've come to the right place! Project Utumno will have all the things you want.

Hello, Elan Hickler here. I am a sound designer and composer for a team of great people working on an amazing game that is soon to have a (very very basic) playable alpha demo. This game is one of my life's passions. I am so excited about it. The focus will be on deep and complex (NOT complicated!) gameplay. We chose to go with pixel art because of the ease of implementation, but we are actually going to have dynamic lighting, shadows, and other visual effects! We want the game to look nice, but we don't want anything to get in the way of adding tons and tons of gameplay features. Yes, it will be multiplayer and it will be a realtime experience. The goal is to create a gameplay experience that is a nice blend between between player and character skill.

pre-alpha screen shots:

We will accept multiple artists, but I just want to stress that there will be NO STRESS placed on the artist. The work will NOT be repetitive or monotonous. With a few very limited exceptions, we won't need 10 tiles of the same thing just to create animation for example. There are no deadlines as the game is barely getting off the ground and in the future there could definitely be money involved. I am having a lot of fun just putting together game documents, and right now an artist would be of great help in this. Specifically, right now we need weapon icons, item icons, all 32x32 pixels. We have a lot of royalty-free pixel tiles that the artist can either use or get inspiration from. We also need a lot of "attribute" icons, like an icon for damage, an icon for speed, range, damage type, etc.

dynamic lighting tech demo:

So whoever would like to join our team, that person would just work on creating images whenever he/she has time, and I will guide the artist in exactly what we need at any given time. The artist willl get to see the fruits of his/her labor RIGHT away. The artist may also help in artistic design, direction, and feel of the game as well.

working title for game: Project Utumno

So yes, bottom line, there is no money to be handed out yet. This game is only a hobby for now. But I would love to officially hire/pay an artist in the future. For now, please join us to create an awesome game! Contact me at elanhickler@gmail.com or respond to this thread. Thank you!
-Elan www.elanhickler.com
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:16:49 pm by argitoth »