AuthorTopic: [WIP]Raven thing  (Read 2804 times)

Offline quervo

• View Profile

[WIP]Raven thing

on: March 26, 2014, 04:38:06 am
Saludes. I recently look at my profile picture and decided that is made in so few pixels, that simply didnt look like a raven (the goal)
So i take it again and draw something like this

So far i cant decide wich looks better. The ravens doesnt have the feathers in vertical position, like the first, but the other way....is just ruining my life. I'm gonna add some lighting, maybe thats the problem with the second one. the first is absolutly unreallystic

Any advice for this bird?? thanks :)

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: [WIP]Raven thing

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:47:00 pm
"that is made in so few pixels, that simply didnt look like a raven" : I disagree!
It doesn't indeed look like one, but not because it is small. Example.
It also makes (slightly) better use of pixel constraints, than the new ones, for now.

The second (right) new one is better, just got to separate the wing from the tail.
Refine the lineart, make it flow with natural pixel lines.
Easy on shading. Ravens are birds of darkness ;)

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Raven thing

Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:41 pm
Sorry for the late answer, i just forgot about this x)
I draw a lot more birds latelly and that helps me a lot, you are right about the big problem (didnt look like a raven) and it was because of the horrible anatomy that I did. This is the last one:

As you can see, the big improvement is about the natural pixel line, but it still is the big problem. I cant make the back going under in a natural flow, or it turns 45° or it just doesent look good. And for the shadows concern, I try something like this:

anyway, any edit abut that would help me a lot
thanks for the reply :)