AuthorTopic: Young woman sprite  (Read 19889 times)

Offline Imagician

• View Profile

Re: Young woman sprite

Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:12 am
is her upper body paralyzed? ;) reminds me more of Riverdance or that Jumpstyle "dance", to be honest ;)

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 08:21:15 am
No I should probably move the arms though huh now that I look at it.

Offline Imagician

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 08:27:00 am
on a side note, i think the "stomping" is possibly a bit to strong. i guess her knee moves up to much, and the foot comes down to forcefully (to speedy), hence making it look like an energetic dance move rather than dragging oneself exhaustingly forward. so maybe try taming down the lower body movement a little, i would suggest.

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:29 am
Alright so I took some of your critiscms into account and made the leg movements less exaggerated, while also animating arms. What do you think

Offline Imagician

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 08:43:01 am
maybe still a bit too "energetic" (in terms of amplitude and speed) for someone meant  to look exhausted and injured, but definitely an improvement. I think it would be good to check how this looks in the game now which it is meant to be used in.

Offline Johasu

• @johasu232
    • Johasu232
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 11:28:15 am
This thread continually reminds me of this scene from Jurassic Park.
Maybe her body motion can help...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscRUlsvhtI#t=166

She is sorta running and I feel as if it is fairly exaggerated, but it's not an unbelievable performance.
Gallery:  http://johasu.deviantart.com/gallery/
Twitter:  @johasu232

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: April 26, 2014, 02:02:23 am
Okay I need help with a new thing, so I've got this fully animated hunting rifle shooting animation and it looks great but when its rotated it looks horrible, I'm aware I must redraw the sprite at different angles, but how many would you suggest. Heres the animation if you are interested   

Edit: Well I figured out that if I went this method the transitions between even just two rotated sprites looks strange so I would have to use only rotated sprites at super small intervals which would leave me with way too much work for the amount of weapons I'm looking to put in. So I simply went through and found which things look weird at which angles and created slightly different versions of the sprite to appear at these angles that had the offending bits chopped off or altered.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:11:58 pm by thebombsauce »

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 01:43:20 am
Alright working on the prone/crawling now but before I even think of animating this I wanna get some opinions on the admittely rough base. The massive perspective shift threw me for a loop but overall I think it looks much better than what I would've thrown out at the beginning of this thread.

edit: worked on it a bit but I'm pretty stuck on improving this

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:38:45 am by thebombsauce »