AuthorTopic: GR#176 - Running Knightman - Animation  (Read 12251 times)

Offline IvanX

• Blink Blink
    • View Profile

Re: Running knightman

Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:49:50 am

So I think I'm just about ready to start adding detail in to this sucker.  :D

Offline thebombsauce

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 10:23:30 am

So I think I'm just about ready to start adding detail in to this sucker.  :D

I liked what you had before better, I don't think that him just pausing in the middle of the run adds weight as much as it interrupts the flow of the actual run.

Offline IvanX

• Blink Blink
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 11:26:55 pm
I didn't give up on this!
I've made quite some process since I last posted and figure it would probably be nice it have an update.

Offline Johasu

• @johasu232
    • Johasu232
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:25 pm
It's a bit of a nitpick, but the back arm (his left) is extending really far behind him.  For a perspective like this slightly angled toward the viewer, his right arm only pulls back to just near his hip, but the other arm is extending well into view for us.

It's a subtle thing, barely noticeable unless you watch it for a while.  Then you start to notice...
Gallery:  http://johasu.deviantart.com/gallery/
Twitter:  @johasu232

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 02:28:18 am
Nobody mentioned this, but it looks like his chest muscles/chest plate is sliding loosely forward and backwards as if he's previously been chopped in half but the top part of his body hasn't slid off quite yet. That has a lot to do with his stomach poking out past his chest and going waaay back on later frames. He's supposed to be leaning forward, right? At no point should his stomach slide forward or backwards with a simple lean or turn of the shoulders. And speaking of turning the shoulders, you should exaggerate this a bit more without shifting the chest pixels forward (which is also leading to the top-part-of-his-body-seems-sliced-in-half-look.)
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline IvanX

• Blink Blink
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 10:58:54 pm
Finished up the animation with some small tweaks the chest and such.
I'm happy
My Dev is happy
It's done until I want to go back and tweak it

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 04:07:41 am
Not bad. Chest looks a lot better following the stomach. Other than possibly a few pixels on the inside of front part of the tassle on his head possibly being shifted via a bit of subpixel animation (to make the head turn/shift read a little better), I can't see too many problems calling it with this one. The only other suggestion I could make is to add a third position of the head where the face turns to (his) right a bit more, or just omitting the head turn (since, at the moment, it reads as very jerky with the face and helmet pixels suddenly changing like that.)

But you said you're done, so I won't hold it against you lol. ;P
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:17 am
this might be too cartoony an idea for whatever youre going for, but the visor bouncing up and down as he runs would be cool little detail.  Looks good how it is though.