AuthorTopic: Victor Zsasz from Batman [WIP][C+C]  (Read 2794 times)

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Victor Zsasz from Batman [WIP][C+C]

on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:59 pm
After my previous Walking Dead work, I wanted to finish another old piece. I started from scratch and I was amazed how much my skills are upgraded in the last few years, mostly thanks to you guys. :D
Victors Zsasz was also something that one girl ask me to draw, when I was creating batman villains series. He is one of the less known villains, he is payed murderer, and for every kill he made he put a mark on his skin. I'm planing to make animated gif out of this, in which he is cutting his stomach or forearm, we'll see.
Here are two versions from 2 years ago and from last night just for comparison.

It's still WIP, but I would like to hear any comments regarding proportions and current shading.
Thanks in advance, I'll post an update soon. :)

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Re: Victor Zsasz from Batman [WIP][C+C]

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:53:42 pm
Wow thats a great increase in quality!

All I can say is dont overshade/overdefine the muscles, thats when it starts to look weird. You may want to leave the markings for after you finalize the shading because they can start to conflict with the shading and look weird as well. Good job though!

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:10:58 am
@Mr. Fahrenheit Thanks, I'll be careful with that. :)

Here is an rough update. I'm still trying some things to see how they look, timing is off and glitches are obvious. I decided to establish animation before I continue to work on it, so I would like to hear any suggestions regarding that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:14:29 am by HarveyDentMustDie »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 08:38:22 am
Is it supposed to be Batman's shadow?
Feels like I need a wall or something there to be able to make out what is going on.
In which case I don't think we would see bottom of cape but you could flap it more up and to the left if needed.
Make sure Batman's head doesn't jiggle as it makes him look like he's laughing along with the other guy which would be very out of character.

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 03:36:14 pm
@Decroded Yes, it supposed to be Batmans shadow, but that's just a temporary solution, maybe I'll think of something cooler along the way. Shadow is twitching because of resizing, primarily it was too big.

Now I went step back and started work on the first frame. I've messed around with his face a bit, and worked on his hands. I think that he looks better now but it's still unfinished. Currently it has 10 colors including the background.

Edit: I've also worked on his torso. :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:40:16 pm by HarveyDentMustDie »