AuthorTopic: Seeking Pixel Artists for JonTron Game  (Read 4115 times)

Offline FoxInATopHat

• View Profile

Seeking Pixel Artists for JonTron Game

on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:45 am
Greetings!

My studio, Fox In A Top Hat, is looking for pixel artists that can perform exceptional work, either in the field of character/entity spritework and animation or environment/tile spritework.
The game will be based on the YouTuber JonTron's first season of episodes, parodying the games he's reviewed.
At present, we are only making a demo of the project. We strongly believe this game will garner an amazing amount of attention, and if our goal is met, then we will aim to create a full game and post it on Steam Greenlight. The project is not paid for anyone, but if it reaches the aforementioned goal, then we will most likely put up a Kickstarter and from there you will be fully compensated for your time and efforts.
The style we are looking for is a modern, somewhat cute and rather cartoony look, and with vibrant yet pastel colours reminiscent of the Super Nintendo (think Aladdin). It is a side-scroller, similar to Mario or Yoshi's Island, primarily. We require also that you are able to work with the concept artist and director.
We have no other pixel artists (the concept artist tried to do it all on their own, but sadly has very little hope). However, you must also meet deadlines (although they may be flexible).

Please email foxinatophat@mail.com with some samples of your work if interested.

Thank you!

bugbear at Fox In A Top Hat Studios

Offline Bak

• View Profile

Re: Seeking Pixel Artists for JonTron Game

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:41:41 am
Do you intend to inform JonTron on the fact you plan to run fundraiser and sell game, based on his work, on Steam?

Offline FoxInATopHat

• View Profile

Re: Seeking Pixel Artists for JonTron Game

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:15:44 pm
Yes, of course. I sent him an email almost a month ago and he has not yet responded. I expect it may it be a while before he responds, if ever. So I opted to go with making the free demo version. I haven't seen any copyrights of his show, as far as I've looked, although there isn't much to bother over other than some squishy cartoony versions of their likenesses (Jon & Jacques).
The demo would never be sold or put on Steam.
If JonTron approves of the game, then such measures as a fundraiser would be enacted.

bugbear
Fox In A Top Hat