AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Google+ Hangout  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Official Pixelation Google+ Hangout

on: February 23, 2014, 09:48:07 pm
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/cvuh95k1qskkgejdgqu0qgj0gko

Since this has taken off in the past couple days thanks to PPD hosting it in the sketch thread, I decided it'd be good to have a constant event going with the same url. We can get a banner going later for easy visibility, for now feel free to join the hangout and screenshare with us, lurk, or show us your fluffy animals to cheer us on.

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Google+ Hangout

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:00:35 am
It was really cool, i enjoyed it. great that its becoming a regular thing!

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:22:10 am
So hmm... Is it worth making a banner for this thing? Or posting here when we're in? Probo and I have been chilling in this room most nights, and it's mostly just us. (In fact, Probo alone pretty much carries the room, and I feel bad I wasn't there last couple of nights :( )

Do people think it's dead, do they not know it exists, or are they simply not too interested? Would it be better to have this as more of an "event" thing, like the original PPD one was, where a day is picked, and you can pretty much guarantee there'll be someone to talk to all day? Since the randoms are definitely not appearing as it is now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:24:32 am by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 02:26:56 am
I checked it a few days ago and nobody was on so I left. I feel like its more of an event type of thing because its a little more involved then an IRC which you can easily just leave open all day in case anybody comes on. (Not that I go on the IRC) :-[.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:22:07 am
 :-[ I've been meaning to get in here but I've been preoccupied, I'll start idling/streaming daily starting tomorrow. It was really good when it first started. Definitely want this to be the alternative to IRC, as we're a visual forum.

Thanks for keeping it alive guys, I think we could announce it once every weekend in the sketch thread in addition to having regulars day to day

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:18:06 pm
I checked it a few days ago and nobody was on so I left. I feel like its more of an event type of thing because its a little more involved then an IRC which you can easily just leave open all day in case anybody comes on. (Not that I go on the IRC) :-[.

Experienced the same. Thought the same.
Event-like is better, because people will be around and the first round with PPD was awesome =)
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 05:46:02 pm
yeah, i popped in like 4 times due to PP pointing this out to me, i was excited it sounded awesome, but it was a ghost town :(  one of the times i joined i screen shared an entire daily sketch.

my timezone might be outta synch too, living in Australia GMT+9:30

hope this does pick up again, and I'm also behind the weekly session idea  :y:

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 05:49:12 pm
Whelp, this has been dead for a while. I'm probably gonna be in today for at least the next four hours, though. Join me and you can watch exciting things like me rearranging my tileset, thus breaking all my current levels. Watch as I wonder why I haven't updated my level editor to make changes like that easier, but then still not actually update it. Great wonders await you! You can even share your own woes! Edit: Oh yeah, and Google Hangout has recently not been making the noise that's supposed to notify me a person has arrived. So I may not notice you right away depending on what I'm doing.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 03:41:08 pm
I am in there atm, in case anyone wants to join.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 07:22:01 pm
I'll be working most of the day and hanging out.  Feel free to join me

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 01:23:36 pm
I'll be in the hangout, I'm working on multiple NDA projects though so I won't be able to share my screen for some of it. But still there's chat and you can stream too! That's right, you! Whoever you are! Link for the lazy (same as always)

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 02:32:44 am
Man, I've missed the last two people who made a post saying they'd be here... Always happens to be on days I'm doing something :(

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 03:47:20 am
Was away from my apartment the past two days, but I'll make an effort to keep the streaming going 5/7 days of the week. Speaking of which, in there now!