AuthorTopic: Dog Like Creature(planned as a Ghoul)  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Selassin

• View Profile

Dog Like Creature(planned as a Ghoul)

on: February 22, 2014, 10:42:24 pm
 I'm trying to remake the ghoul for my game but I'm stuck for a long time. First I did a run animation, I used this as reference, but main thing for me is not animation at the moment, It's the model itself. I'm aware that It's not good, I thought lot on this and I need help.

Run animation:

Model:

I need some idea about how can I make this a moderate level model at least. Thanks.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Dog Like Creature(planned as a Ghoul)

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:11:15 am
First, you need to decide what you want to draw, and give us as more information about your problem as possible. Dog or Hyena or Ghoul.

Second, this is harsh to say, so a lot of people don't want to answer to this kind of posts, but you need to learn to draw. Nobody idea can't help you with that, cause I'm sure that you have very clear idea but you can't put it to work.

At the end, here is my quick edit (if you can call it that) with only few colors at the same resolution as yours, and I hope that it will help you, at least to decide which way you should go with your efforts. Good luck.  :)

-->

Offline Selassin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:06:15 pm
 Thanks for the reply. This is planned as a ghoul.

You're right about that, I need to learn to draw first, though I'm not sure how should I do that. Can you give me advice about where should I start?

Your edit is awesome, but it's too good among my other models, so like you said I should learn drawing first and redo all my sprites from scratch I guess.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:27:33 pm
There's no fast way to do that. First you need to learn to draw from life. Try using pen and paper, leave the pixels for now. There are a lot of useful books and tutorials on YT. But you can only learn to draw by drawing. Draw as much as you can, as often as you can. You don't have to worry if your drawings are not very good, just stick with it and you will progress. Also you should try different styles and see what's best for you (cartoony, comic-like, realistic etc.).

Some useful links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4NuQWZ-kk
http://www.youtube.com/user/sinixdesign
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sycra
Google "drawing books torrent" and find what you need. ;)

Offline Selassin

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:58:03 pm
 Thank you very much for your help, I'll take a break from my game project and focus on improving my drawing first.