AuthorTopic: Fusagiko  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Ryuria

• View Profile

Fusagiko

on: July 23, 2006, 05:05:45 am

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8302/fusagikojm8.png

I just want a bit of critisizm. And i know this site gives awesome Crits. :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:32:52 pm by Ryuria »

Offline Ryuria

• View Profile

Re: Fusagiko

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:33:22 pm
Over 60 views and not one post yet? -__-

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:41:32 pm
Maybe people just don't have anything to say? Whining about nobody posting makes you look like a moron by the way.

Offline Ryuria

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 04:04:46 pm
I know that, But I have no patience and I hate it when people just view a couple times and don't post.

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 04:23:28 pm
Kill the background.

Way too many dark shades. How many colors are you using for outlines?

Push your palette around more. Look at how many colors you're using for the mouth. How many of those colors aren't used anywhere else?

If you REALLY want that "cartoony outlines" look, still try to aa the lines, or at least use lighter shades for the lines depending on where the light falls.

The character's design is really boring. With the exception of the cigarette, there's nothing about the face that sticks out. Maybe add a nose (assuming that spike coming from his cheek is just that; a spike)? Some pupils? Ear openings? Eyebrows? Add some detail to that sword's sheath, man.

---

Your design w/o a background.

AA more effectively / maximize use of your colors.  (Eye / Sword handle)

More details? Give your character MORE character. (Nose and pupils)

Work on being more patient.

Offline Ryuria

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 04:33:39 pm
For the pallette thing, I know my pallettes are huge and terible. I never really bothered with them.
And the character is from a game. He doesn't have pupils and a nose in the game. D:
The sheith.... I just suck at shading anything that has to do with a sword. >.>;

Thanks for editing my pixel though. :D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 09:34:36 pm
Tip: don't explain why the stuff you've been critiqued about are how they are. Just take the critique in and privately filter what you will out of it. If you find monsoon's (awfully helpful, in my opinion) post to be after all, without merit for what you're trying to do, then that's that. But be aware that if you brush off critique like that, it's entirely possible Pixelopolis does not have much to offer you.

Personally, I find the 'he has no eyes/nose/personality because he's from a game and he didn't have any eyes/nose/personality in the game' line of defense to be disappointing. Push yourself more!

Offline Ryuria

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:45:13 am
Monsoons Crits certainly did help and did make it look better but it's just the editing of the design I didn't like so much. :x

And the next pixel I post here, I'll try keeping it less simple. :D

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 02:10:02 am
 Yeah, just be paitient I agree for that. The character himself looks fine. I dis agree with monsoon's idea on removing the bg. Removing the bg is optional, but removing it makes the design look not cool. You wanna try to add cool things as much as possible as you can. Great job there Ryuria.