AuthorTopic: My own.  (Read 3659 times)

Offline iEmo

• Whats on the other side?
    • View Profile

My own.

on: July 22, 2006, 10:25:35 pm
Sorry, for the rip  :'(. Idk i felt like my stuff stunk compared to others. Well, heres some of my work. That i made.

Ill edit when i get on my laptop to post more.
I'm new!

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: My own.

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:51:28 pm
 Good start though. Most of it lacks details and the skin tones' contrasts are too low. I would make the contrast higher and resize it down to make it more detailed. Good luck.

instant

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:04:30 pm
On the first one, it seems as if you drew the hair first and then added the face. Not a good sign. I suggest drawing a full head and putting hair on it. this will help it appear more natural^^.

Other than that, keep going.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 06:02:05 am
 I agree with instant. Most artists have never noticed that there's a skull underneath. Draw the entire head with face features drawn out. Then, do the hair last. That way, it will look more natural.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:30 am
You don't need to rip!  This is a great start... and for some reason I am really liking the highlight style on the hair.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:32:34 am
Cool. I quite like the sprite. The head has the problems mentioned already, but you show here that you obviously have the skill.
One thing I don't believe anyone's mentioned is that the hair (on the portrait) is over-AA'd to the point that it looks blurry instead of smooth. The palcement of the AA is fine, the grays just need to be darker,I think (and only slightly so). Also, the hair could use highlights, as they'll give it more depth.

The sprite, though... top notch. Nothing to crit, far as I can see. Nice stuff.

Keep working on that portrait. I'd suggest doing the lineart first, that way you know what/where to shade/highlight/colour generally. Good luck with it, either way.