Critique > Pixel Art

Raging Animation

(1/2) > >>

A2J2TIWARI:

I made this animation for a contest which is currently going on BYOND. It has a limit of only 5 colours(excluding pure black and pure white) due to which I don't have much details in this piece. I have already posted it on PixelJoint(http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/83869.htm) but I decided to post it here and make this animation awesome!

The creature is supposed to be a golem coming out of earth and exploding everything. Right now I think it doesn't have much story but meh. I used few DBZ videos as reference.

Help me make this awesome!

Jim16:
Would probably look better centred seeing as it's the only point of interest in the image.

I'm no help with animation though :( I do think you could probably change the pallet to better utilize the 5 colour limit and add detail to the entire scene, rather than limiting the character to 3 colours, background to 3 colours. 

PixelPiledriver:
Can you give some more details about the contest?
Is there restrictions on frame total?
Speed?
Size?
Staging?
etc?
Also try not to post in two sections.
Just be patient.
Never mind found the details thru your Pixel Joint link.
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1483782

The timing between actions is very linear.
We are looking at some dirt, and then a guy pushes straight thru it without much effort.

The charge up could be a bit more damatic.

Overall speed is somewhat slow for an action packed scene.

The terrain could use some more/light detail and color mixing.

The loop point could be better.
The last few frames appear to have nothing in them.
You could use the white screen to fade back into the first frame.
Right now it is just two hard cuts in row, the first one not seeming too important.
Consider having the debris get much larger and overtake the camera to push the perspective.

Good luck with the contest.

Kosvid:
Try to use different shades of one colour (for at least 2 of 5 colours). That would look much better. For example, five different shades of blue and the white colour.

As an honest man I can`t say.. uhm... I don`t think there won`t be any works better.

Look up some in-game arts of Risk of Rain (a game). There are usually just a few colours, but I just love them.

A2J2TIWARI:
PPD, you are freaking awesome man! I knew that my animation was missing something, it didn't have the touch and you gave it what it was lacking! Thank you so much!

Here's my try:

Without trembling but big rocks:

I will probably have to remake it because I dont think I animated properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version