AuthorTopic: Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*  (Read 11772 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*

Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 10:33:20 pm
Man, i think the latest update looks the best of the lot. Although it would be very odd to have a massive stormy cloud in the distance, then little white ones a bit closer it does look pretty sweet. Perhaps the larger white cloud could do with being smaller, as my eye keeps getting directed to it.

Personally i prefer him without his lip thingey and teeth, but that's just personal taste i spose.

Oh and just to be annoying, there seems to be a small lump in the rim of his hat, on the left. :D

~

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:21 pm
Yeah, Lar, if by annoying you mean helpful then... stop being so annoying! ;D

Anyhoo... fixed? The hat is, anyway. I shrunk that cloud a bit, too, and made his eyes bigger ('cause I likes 'em that way). I'm at work again, so for the next 4ish hours I have little else to do. Consequently, updates will probably be coming rather promptly for the duration. :P

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 11:15:58 pm
i think i miscommunicationed.  not more detailed clouds, just some soft tones and colors to pull them into the scene.

matriax: those clouds were pretty.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:46 pm
Wow tremulant very good update!!  ;D

But now i think the background is a little "dark" in comparision with the rest of the work...¿maybe make a sunset? with lightes, etc...  :P.

matriax: those clouds were pretty.

Thanks for the comments lief  ;)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 11:27:43 pm
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the sky is red, while the shadows are blue. I'm thinking if there is a red sky, the redness of the sky would tint the shadows red. At the moment, there is no blue which would be tinting the shadow blue.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 11:53:50 pm
Admission: I'm lost as to how to colour this with a red tint and not make it ugly. :-[ Blame a lack of experience and over-comfort with blue tints. I'd would sincerely appreciate an edit, if anyone's willing. Lame, I know, but I've been screwing with it since Stephen suggested unification way back there, and I've come up with nothing. I do kinda like it as is, but obviously I haven't seen the alternative done properly yet. ;D

Edit:
I think I like it now because the sky/ground compliment eachother quite nicely, imo. The red/orange sky over the grren/blue earth. I know it's unrealistic, though, and I could be way off, but my brain twitched and I thought I'd voice it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:56:06 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 12:19:47 am
Trem: Take a moment to look above me. See all that? That's where you're heading. Retire from pixel art? There's lots to do, lots to do!

I think the composition with the figure in the center isn't the best thing in the world. Study classical laws of composition a little bit (a good primer for it, as for everything else painterly remains http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm) EDIT: SORRY, I ment http://www.androidblues.com/visualperception.html  and try to move the character closer to the golden mean, and also add a secondary point of interest or two to justify the extra space, maybe it's time for a few rocks and the small flower, no you've got the space for it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:21:53 am by Helm »

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 04:56:03 am
Man, if only I had that kind of skill when it came to coloring.

On a side note, Helm's first link really helps and I've learned a lot from reading it. ;]

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 11:51:56 pm
he looks like a guy with Down Syndrome.
good ob, Tremulant!
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 12:05:43 am
bowler hat, tie.... that hand looks perfect for wielding a briefcase.  Awesome job.