AuthorTopic: Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*  (Read 11779 times)

Offline lief

• View Profile

Re: Wave hello to all my friends

Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 11:59:43 pm
beautiful.  i think the clouds are a cop-out though, only because i want to see the same beautiful toning as the rest of the image.  look at the comment helm gave you... that is the nicest thing he has EVER said :)

Matriax:
You say me, no can`t add a flower by this colours.... oooo the great tremulant fails... XDD, i think you can!! Believe in you!  Cheesy

I will try add the flower....

And the hand continue without like me...

Matriax: Take a deep breath... focus...

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 12:09:36 am
Sorry if the tone no its the correct or anything in the previuos message(lief, tremulant), is a joke, i think the drawings of tremulant are greats, and i understand with the message of tremulant, that he can't make a aceptable flower with this colours, and i think tremulant is a good artist and think he can make it, and more things!!

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 12:18:14 am
I have to admitt something. I am a tiny bit red/green colourblind. That means that whenever I see large green and red fealds with about the same hues next to eachother, like in your picture, they glow. They bounce off everywhere and jiggle when I move my eyes. It's not that bad here at all, but none the less it's not easy separating the red/purple sky from the grass for me. It worked fine in your first post, but in the new one, I keep focusing on the background instead of the character and that's not good. Just thought I'd mention it. I guess few here would have a problem with it as it is.

(oh, and I see brown better than you all, so ha! :P )

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 11:45:01 am
With your permiss tremulant:

I detailed the clouds add more grass, and.. added a flower! I not like very much but think is possible make a better flower with this colours.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:53:33 am by Matriax »

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 02:36:35 pm
I think the sky on Matriax' edit looks overly dramatic. It looks great, but it doesn't seem to fit with the style or mood of the rest of the picture.

I have to say though, the addition of the two little teeth and the hare lip made me giggle. I think it looks adorable on him.  :D

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 02:49:15 pm
i think the sky just doesn't fit in such a small peice, increase the canvas size please and fill it in, i think it would look amazing
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 05:09:41 pm
I think it's a composition issue. Matriax seems to push in as much as he can, to -in my opinion- a detrimental effect. And there's no cluster focus, everything is evenly spaced out, like the birds in the cloud there. Too much info for it's own good.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 05:47:46 pm
Yes Wayuki, the clouds are more detailed etc.. but the efect with the rest of the image is possible no than good.

This is another edit, i make another style of clouds and put the clouds of tremulant in the first post, the result:

I think is better than previous, no more spectacular but i think is more apropiate to the image.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:03:45 pm by Matriax »

Offline MrNormS

• Rock and Roll.
    • View Profile
    • http://vitamintwo.com

Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 06:18:25 pm
Hmm... definitely liking those clouds.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*

Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 10:18:30 pm
Updated rather significantly.

Helm: I think I can retire from pixel art a happy man now. I won't, but.. wow, thanks. You know from my fan-boyish treatment of you that I take it as extremely high praise. I'll spare you the gushing, though, and ask a question: Did I break it with the new sky/expanded canvas? Hope not, but your opinion on it'd be cool. Oh, and thanks for convincing me to step outside my comfort zone, 'cause I wouldn't otherwise have tried ;D

Matriax: Haha, I think it's considered rude to out do me in my own thread. :D That first sky is brilliant, and while it doesn't really fit the piece, it inspired me to fill out the sky. The flower... I dunno, it kind of throws the balance off, I think. I want Mr.Dondon to be the center of the pic, and as such, am trying not to add in anything hat might distract from that. If others think it should stay, though, I'm open to hear it ('cause it is a cute little flower). As for the hand, I dunno what to tell you. It's the best fist I can give him... (Oh, and don't worry, I knew you were joking;))

Lief: haha the clouds did look a tad slack, didn't they. They better now? I'm a bit worried now about over-busy-ness...

Snake: Dunno what to tell you. It's an interesting point, but like you said most wouldn't have that problem, and personally, I con only go with the colours that look good to me. Maybe I'll throw a bunch of brown in my next piece to compensate ;)

Wayuki: Agreed completely about the first sky edit. I put the hare lip back in (I think I had it in the original pic), but not the teeth. They do make his face a bit more interesting though... maybe I'll stick 'em on after all.

Zach: I do as you ask. How's it look?

MrNormS: Me too :D how does my rendition hold up?