AuthorTopic: How to loop/preview a region of frames in Pro Motion  (Read 3652 times)

Offline kcbanner

• View Profile

How to loop/preview a region of frames in Pro Motion

on: February 05, 2014, 02:55:40 pm
Hopefully this is the right forum for this.

My workflow for the game I'm building is that I have one Pro Motion project for each sprite. I work on all the different animations for this sprite (idle, jump, fall, run, walk, etc) within the same project. However, when it comes to previewing animations, I can't seem to figure out how to loop a region of frames, say frames 3-6 (run animation, for example). I seem to be able to only loop the whole file, so the preview goes through the idle, jump, etc animations and I can't tell if my run animation actually looks good until I try it in my game. I'd also like to export a region of frames to a gif, for posting to my WIP thread.

How do people get around this problem with Pro Motion? I'm fairly comfortable with the program, its just this one thing that has bugged me since the beginning!

Thanks!
- Casey

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: How to loop/preview a region of frames in Pro Motion

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:33:51 am
You can use >Frame>Copy(range of frames) into a new project and save that as a GIF to export a section of your animation.

Offline Ichigo Jam

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:06:48 pm
For previewing inside Pro Motion, you can click on the numbers at either end of the time bar to edit them ("first frame of animation" and "last frame of animation").

This will change which section of the animation plays when you play the animation inside pro motion, but doesn't affect saving.

Offline kcbanner

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:10:23 pm
Thanks so much!

Offline kcbanner

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:13 am
It seems to be looping now, but completely ignoring my frame time. Even when I set it to 0.5 FPS, the preview glitches out as if it was trying to animate at 200fps