AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1350588 times)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:03 pm
thanks for the clarification. I often just use what ever is to hand, like a blunt HB! I should invest in some better tools i think. and sharpeners and rubbers, i lose them like its going out of fashion.

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 12:32:01 am

Still more doodling, managed to get to actually playing for a little bit today.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 12:42:05 am

Didnt have much time for sketching besides some doodles on papers. I did crash that dropship I drew into some shipping crates. Who loves messy effects, I do!

Also, I find a lot of charcoal pencils to be annoying to draw with because of the friction against the paper is makes it sort of jumpy. I also have a weird thing that makes me not want to shade too much so I dont waste any charcoal  :-[ I assume I shouldnt worry about that right?

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 01:33:35 am
that looks great Mr F!!! is that a game then?

Im not a massive fan of charcoal either, but I went to a couple of life drawing classes about a year ago and the dude running it showed me the technique of blocking in the full silhouette of what your drawing with the side of a light charcoal piece before drawing it properly. dunno if thats common, but i got results i was happy with out of it. obviously its a bit messy though.

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:40 am
Its a forum game I play called Picture wars, we could always use more members if your interested  :-[. You basically draw a small pixel army and take turns fighting it out with people on a map, its pretty fun.

That technique seems like a good idea, because you can always use an eraser to draw out the lighter forms. I'll try that soon

Offline HezaKey

• *draws furiously*
    • hezakey
    • hezakey
    • View Profile

Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 03:49:38 am

I seem to have a reoccurring theme of drawing these sketches when I'm really tired. :|
I got way ambitious on that pose, so I was going to reference it, but then I realized my desk mirror is too high.  First thing I'll do when I get a proper studio is get some full length mirrors.  asflksjdfaslfj (too tired to make photo reference at the moment.)

I did draw yesterday, but it was stuff for other people, more fiddling with tiles, and then I fell asleep before I remembered to make something here. haha.

These sketches make me want to poke at some comic layouts though.  Might sketch them again to get motivated. :]

Offline Cheetah

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:28 am
Day 5! Still doing geometric portraits. I tried to do something much larger scale, still just copying a reference, and it didn't go so well. Somewhere around the lower lip it all went to hell. I'm in the process of shading it just for practice, but I definitely need to keep working at these larger ones.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:46 am
Looking good all! Always interesting to check this out.

Milokey: Is that mixed media or fully digital work? I like your stuff a lot but can't tell.

I didn't post yesterday cause I didn't  sketch.. I did today but it ended up being more than a sketch, a finished piece, so I shouldn't post it.

I made a heraldic family sigil for my RPG project's index;  so far I have 6 of the 12 done.

Offline breakfast

• @TupelosHoney
    • BBreakfast
    • arcadianatlas
    • becca.bair
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:17 pm

Making some progress on the next character in my BioShock fan piece, Elizabeth.  ;)

@milokey: really cool sketching technique you've got there. Is that in PS? What kind of brush you using?

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 05:00:15 pm
I'd say her head is too big.
Discord: Ennea#9999