AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1360968 times)

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #150 on: February 19, 2014, 03:21:21 am
CREEPY/COOL Mathias! I like that one a lot.. may be my favorite post here so far (the 2nd to last one).

:'( I ran out of page again, second time in a row that my placement is off; it's something I'll try to work on.

Celes at the top, Erde (bangs put back for a change here) diagram lower.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:44:23 am by |||| »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #151 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:12 pm
Oh.
I thought it was supposed to be a guy in a tutu.
The hand design made me think that I guess.
To be fair, it's a rather ambiguous looking thing. Who knows, really.
I liked your interpretation. THAT much more disturbing. Which is always good.

Cyan, those are some strong lines you got there, sonny.
My style has always been sloppy and manic when trying to find shape. But it does make polishing funner - the difference between sketch and final draft is even greater.

@ ||||   Fave post? Sweet. That's saying a lot. IN YOUR FACE, CYAN
That's a complex pose you took on there. Tough one. And not enough paper haha. She needs more butt. And them legs . . . look at 'em.
Your writing ain't too bad, yourself!

Still searching for that new character design. Better go back to super toony style.

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #152 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:46 pm
i love the shading and all the bulges and wrinkles in the skin mathias, particularly the one at the bottom!

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #153 on: February 19, 2014, 12:50:54 pm
Kewl serpent lady. Her human head and torso could be less human to meld more with the monster body, perhaps.
Honestly, I'd rather design pure, non-human monsters, but artistic choices and errr... audience's desires are two different things.
(not that I complain that much, mind you, I truly love lamias, no matter how monsterish they look  :-*)

I added scale-ish features on the neck/hands, but that's hardly an improvement.
Also another lady~

Also your monsters are getting more and more sick. Which is a good thing.  ;D

@||||
I think you have some perspective/anatomical problems here, but overall that's pretty neat :O
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:54:30 pm by Ellian »

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #154 on: February 19, 2014, 04:39:49 pm
Ellian: give snake lady more mass towards the booty! I like those a lot. really gestural. try experimenting with colored outlines, see where that gets you. also i dont think you need to AA everything, its not very noticable and just makes the borders look fuzzy. try to compromise with the colored outlines and little-no aa and i think your work will look considerably crisper

Mathias: It seems like your line quality in this thread has improved a lot, i really love the energy in those sketches

||||: You're on the right track with your people, check out posemaniacs.com and practice a little, some of your figures could benefit from studying cohesive muscle structures. they remind me of dolls, this site will help you a lot i think. your facial features are distinct and dainty, a great start

i felt bad to comment without a doodle so

poots

me thinkin bout booties

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #155 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:36 pm
Nice flow in your sprites Ellian and nice flow in the teeth of the bottom right one Mathias.
Also nice sketches Lijj

proceeding with elbow stuff, also some shoulder bits - used Bammes' approach for simplification and construction.
Also some realistic photos
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #156 on: February 19, 2014, 11:54:12 pm
 :) I didn't think people would like those sketches much. Thanks for the comments fellows. Also, thanks for pointing out some of the things in that pose. I like the pose so I will try again; only I'll, this next time, go about it more carefully. I rushed that one. It looks like she needs a pillow,   the angle is wonky, among so many other things;  so I'll adjust that in the next attempt.

Mathias: You crack me up.

More CREEPY/COOL, VERY well done on the shading.  Also..  yes, a little more rump in the next one guaranteed.
 Funny, I under did it in this depiction of Celes.. but in this one I over did it:

(very old)   .. I also have another depiction of Celes in my gallery at PJ (damn I'm obsessed or something).

Ellian: Loving that sassy chick; great pixels... Much character.

Atnas: Glad you posted. All the more reason to check out the thread. Give us more! (I admit booty is almost constantly on my mind). I'll definitely check that site out. Thanks for the information.

& Cyang: Very clean anatomical diagrams. So glad you post consistently. You're owning this thread!

I put a long session in last night digital painting but it's only about half done.. and I'm not sure if I should post it here since it's not very sketchy.. I wanted to put my somewhat new tablet to use and get some digi-painting practice in. I may post it here or in Low Spec Art once I'm finished.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 01:53:14 am
@cyan: woot woot you're so studious

I'll post one every day i promise!

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #158 on: February 20, 2014, 09:30:29 am

Here's the comic finished.
The text (still) reads: "Eve and Adam are your names." So you don't have to go trawling for a translation.

Feeling a little overwhelmed, sorry I'm not commenting on peoples' art or anything. I approve of all of the art in this thread however.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #159 on: February 20, 2014, 10:20:12 am
Nice stuff, peoples. Keep ruining all the paper you can!

@ Atnas   Stylish chars, man. You got good instincts.

@ Ymedron   Hah. Knew that was the Genesis account. Someone color that . . .

Lunch hour doodle. No ref. Terrible, improvised musculature.
Wish I was half as adept with anat as Cyan. Must . . . study . . . MUST . . . STUDY