AuthorTopic: The Daily Sketch  (Read 1346507 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

The Daily Sketch

on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:42 pm

Yo!
This thread is for posting whatever you worked on today.
It doesn't have to be finished.
It doesn't have to be good.
Any size.
Any medium.
Any style.
Any colors.
Just take some time and draw/create something!
Then show it to us.
See how many days you can post in a row without missing a day.
The idea is to turn out lots of different ideas and drawings over time.
Or if you really want, you can post the same thing again if you do more work on it the next day.
Crits and thoughts are also welcome.
But try hard to always post an image of your own along with text.
GO!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:53:31 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: The Daily Sketch

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:09:02 pm
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Tijjer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:59:30 pm
Cool thread, pretty new here but have been stalking this website before, anyways heres something I made  :)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 05:29:31 pm
I like that rabbit with a huge mouth, PixelPiledriver :D it reminds me of Monty Python and The Holy Grail

thats really cute tijjer, i like the colours. I think this thread is just for sketches though?

Ive been messing around with designs for a balding bruiser for a game, im not a great drawer though, its a bit wonky. upperbody is a bit twisted, his left arm is too far forward i think. pixel art for games is forgiving with its fixed perspectives!

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:11 pm
I think this thread is just for sketches though?
Yo!
This thread is for posting whatever you worked on today.
This tells me that the only limitation for a contribution relates to the time-frame in which it was concieved or changed.

I'm embarassed about still not having finished this secret santa piece. I'm in bit of a slump, because all I ever do with it is go in and make small changes. I don't have a "game-plan" for how to proceed, so I just make corrections, even though the piece (possibly) isn't done on a conceptual level. Anyway, today I made some of those small changes, so I'm posting it.

Perhaps trying to keep up with daily updates through this thread will encourage me to try and do more significant improvements. I hope!
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Tijjer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:58:21 pm
I think this thread is just for sketches though?

He said any style so it can be either pixel, digital, or traditional.  Maybe even beyond that.  But thanks for the complement!  Its supposed to be Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. 

I like how you exaggerated the muscles, the bottom torso to the feet though seem odd to me as if they do not support the character  :huh: .  But its good!

Oooo, so abstract looking!  Very interesting to look at, please do more like this!  ;D

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:17 pm

Been drawing some small sprites for picture wars. I took some hints from vagrant's avatar for the steam. I cant seem to get the glass helmet thing looking right though.

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:10 am
@charlieton

yep youre right, i missed the 'any medium' part!

@Tijjer

thanks for the feedback! I see what you mean, do you think a lot of that stems from the feet? like theyre not correctly aligned to the floor?

@Mr farenheit

they look cool. the white highlight on the glass helmet looks too big and low to me, id push it up and show more of the mans face inside.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:56:49 am by Probo »

Offline HezaKey

• *draws furiously*
    • hezakey
    • hezakey
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:45:25 am
Well, I was going to go to bed, but...

Being quick and dirty about it.  I think I'll try to keep up this daily challenge, since I'm really out of sync with my drawings lately.  Draw more, take no survivors!

Offline Cheetah

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 07:04:06 am
Hopefully this will help motivate me to improve my meager skills. I have been hoping to do a geometric self portrait for some time. Today I started out with some sketches, I think I want to do the 3/4 view. I will continue to post my progress, moving into different mediums and hopefully eventually have an avatar to use.