AuthorTopic: [Wip] small Character, could use some help i guess :)  (Read 2423 times)

Offline CatBerry

• View Profile
    • My Blog

[Wip] small Character, could use some help i guess :)

on: January 30, 2014, 12:07:02 pm
Hello, i am working on another character base. I want to try working on a 32x32 scale, since it seems more common?
Anyways i have a few problems to decide wich head i like better. I generaly go for cute art so... yeah... help? ^^

I am not sure about the shading aswell o__o

since i just made it a bigger view (i didnt correct the shades/lights of the top right one sry)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:35:40 pm by CatBerry »

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Re: [Wip] small Character wich head is cuter?

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:55:18 pm
the tapered jaw and more prominent eyelashes of the top-right one make it look the cutest to me, where the mouth area meets those dark bits on the side looks a bit strange though.

Offline CatBerry

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:12:48 pm
the tapered jaw and more prominent eyelashes of the top-right one make it look the cutest to me, where the mouth area meets those dark bits on the side looks a bit strange though.

Ah yes thats why i said i didnt correct the shading ^^; The original i pixeled was smaller and i resized it... thats why there were several mistakes coming up x.x

All my friends told me they like the puffy cheeks of the lower row... so i went with that for now.

They look like this now:

Offline Pix3M

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:34:09 am

What do you think about rounding out the profile head and making the nose smaller?

Offline CatBerry

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:48 am
that would be amazing for the female one O.O thanks

okay its great for bot o___O but i will leaf the top of the nose for the male as it was so it looks a littlebit bigger :)

*edit*
Oh its the 1st february already ô.O (but i do not want to make a dublepost... dunno if those are allowed :< )

Here is a little update of what i managed so far.
I still need 2 frames each side for using a tool (arm moves up to down), wielding a shword (or something)(from right to left) and maybe a bow or crossbow use... i would like the prossbow more though ^^ any tips or maybe refferences you would want to throw at me? :)

oh and the pictures for now:
hais is just basic and supposed to eb exchangeable later, same goes for eyes.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:41:09 pm by CatBerry »