AuthorTopic: I am retiring as a moderator of Pixelation - Also, Changes!  (Read 26413 times)

Offline Azuyre

• ryuzach
    • View Profile

Re: I am retiring as a moderator of Pixelation - Also, Changes!

Reply #60 on: February 04, 2014, 12:57:05 am
Console palettes are not so simple as a palette by itself.
Yeah, there's definitely a lot of information to consider if you're really gonna get deep into emulating a console's graphics. That thread seems like it would definitely be worth linking to in a potential color thread for people interested in the specifics. That or someone could take the relevant information and put it into spoiler tags under the respective palettes.

Personally, I think there is plenty of confusion about color around here, so yes.
I'll drop off some links that are good resources:
 this, this, or this.
Those are some interesting threads, I remember passing the first one recently, it looks like it has a lot of the well known low color palettes. It seems like you definitely know your stuff when it comes to palettes and restrictions based on all the posts in those other two threads. :D

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Re: I am retiring as a moderator of Pixelation - Also, Changes!

Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 01:55:28 am
What I'd suggest for the pixel-art section would be a short and simple posting guideline

Basically just a thread which explains, that it's most effective to post a single piece of art and explain roughly what someone wants to improve (or points out the problems he had so far).

I mean there were quite some people who filled up their threads with v5+ unrelated pieces and there it#s hard to give critique because you don't know which one.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter