AuthorTopic: my colors.. not my lines - and cycoploid is finished :P  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

credit mia to the lines <3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:20:34 am by Zach »
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: my colors.. not my lines

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:18:29 am
how do you choose your colors?
i like those tones! :o
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:38:24 am
yah so i guess no one was into this then eh >.>

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 12:40:05 am
a beautiful treatment of lower left face.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:34 am
ty :)

yee been trying to mix colors more n stuff, very good results

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:38:53 am
Yeah, why didn't I post something here...?

These colours are, in my mind, completely brilliant, and I'd love to know how you chose 'em (beautiful as they are, I can't begin to imagine...). As lief said, the lower left face is pure sex, but the rest is almost equally great, and they're all damn impressive.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 01:42:50 am
Whereas I like the colors and the designs (mia = sex) I just get a bit put off because none of the pieces seem close to being finished, and therefore I don't know why, I don't feel the incentive to post. Personally I'm fond of the girl most, and I wish to see her finished.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:44:08 am
yah i know bad habits, and i'm working on them.. i've updated cycloploid a little bit n stuff, but shit with me just takes a while xD

<3 though ty for the comments.. they help :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 03:25:42 am
I was thinking, that next to pencil doodling, pixel art is one of the fastest mediums in which you can go from initial concept to finalized image (around ~1 hour up to 3 for such pieces? Imagine doing oils or acrylics). If you find yourself not finishing small pixel art pieces like these consistently, I'm afraid you're going to have a problem with almost all other types of art. I'm not King Finisher either, but for what it's worth, I urge you to press yourself to finish these and cyclo.

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 05:13:09 am
I was thinking, that next to pencil doodling, pixel art is one of the fastest mediums in which you can go from initial concept to finalized image (around ~1 hour up to 3 for such pieces? Imagine doing oils or acrylics). If you find yourself not finishing small pixel art pieces like these consistently, I'm afraid you're going to have a problem with almost all other types of art. I'm not King Finisher either, but for what it's worth, I urge you to press yourself to finish these and cyclo.

I gotta fully agree with Helm here. Coming from experience, the average time I have taken on an acrylic painting or larger sized natural medium project, is probably upwards of 8-10 hours, depending on medium and technique, as well as subject matter. Pixel art is fairly fast in comparison, but comparing digital medium to natural medium gets a little tougher, especially considering the huge discrepency in technique (closest comparison would be pointilism, but even then... yeah)

As for the sprites themselves: I must say, those colour choices are insane, and yet they work SOOOO nicely. One thing I learned from working with natural mediums, which you never really get as much with pixels, is the subtle arrangement of seemingly nonsensical colours to make an amazingly natural looking piece. You've pulled this off superbly, it really kinda gives all of these a natural look, something I applaud you for intensely. I can't wait to see more crazy palettes from you.

Awesome job, lots of love.