AuthorTopic: [Closed]looking for Pixel Artist for enemy spriter/animator  (Read 2653 times)

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile
Hi,
I am working on a game that I might try to release if it becomes good enough.

So far I have made all the art myself (see below for some examples) but would like some assistance with improving some of the enemies and also making new ones.
The games is a 2D Hack and Slash were the player's attacks and blocks depend on what the enemy is doing. It is inspired by, for instance, Punch Out!!. The main focus is on making interesting enemies.

Every enemy needs quite a lot of animation.
1 walk cycle (6 frames),
3 attack animations (from above, from left, from right) (around 6 frames each)
3 hit animations (2-3 frames)
1-3 death animations (3-4 frames)

As this is more of a hobby project my budget is very limited. Therefore, please let me know how much you would like to get paid per character.

below are some examples of already completed enemies.     

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:49:31 am by jahasaja »

Offline echa

• View Profile

Re: looking for Pixel Artist for enemy spriter/animator

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:06:04 pm
Nice animations!  :D  Sounds interesting, I have a few questions for you...

- The monsters look to be fantasy-themed, is this a fantasy game?  What kinds of monsters (also sizes) are you thinking to add?
- Attack animations: do you mean that there will be, for example, a left swing (as in your 2nd monster), a right swing, and a overhand swing?

I don't have any examples similar to what you are looking for here, but I do have a lot of examples of fantasy-themed art at my website (http://dhost.info/uatu).  I'd love to talk with you more about your request (you can send me a message here, or e-mail me at echaecha(at)gmail).

Ed

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Re: looking for Pixel Artist for enemy spriter/animator

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:46:11 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I answer you questions here first since more people might be interested in the answers.

Exactly, I am, for the most monsters, looking for a left swing, a right swing, and a overhand swing (Some monsters might have other attacking animations if they are not a humanoid). The build-up to the attack must be very clear since the player have 3 different ways to block.

The player sprite is 49 pixels tall so the enemies will be around that height.

The game is a Fantasy Game in a medieval setting (yup one more or those).