AuthorTopic: Pokemon Guardians of the Sea MMO - Recruiting (Details in Thread)  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Tang

• View Profile

Poke’mon Guardians of the Sea (PGS) is an upcoming Poke’mon MMORPG created by Sled Dog Games. The MMORPG is based on Poke’mon Den of Ages (PDoA) source code which was written in Visual Basic by Silver. We were gifted the coding from Silver and we're helping in the production with great DeviantArt artists and old PDoA staff. PGS is being rewritten in Java and improvements are being made by Fatesauce (Head Programmer) and Brix (Assistant Programmer). The server side coding is being created by Julian (Assistant Programmer).

We’re planning to add plenty of features to PGS such as a quest based storyline, breeding, player skills, an advanced guild system (purchasing customized houses & other perks), pokedex and gym leaders. For competitive battlers we will have PvP, Events, Tournaments and an accurately working ranking system.

For the initial release, this game will include one región divided into two different world maps: Land and Underwater (diving command). Players will be able to choose their journey’s direction and as they advance throughout the storyline, they’ll have the ability to unlock quests/access secret places. Some area’s of the game will only be accesible if you’re teamed up with another player.

Mature Staff: Between 17 & 30 in age

"Coki" - Coki - Head Designer/Owner
"Fatesauce" - Rhys - Head Programmer/Owner
"Tang" - Steve - Head Visual Editor

"xirb22" - Brix - Programmer
"Nimthora"- Julian - Programmer

"Endrael" - En - Graphic/Pixel Artist
"Assassannerr" - Anthony - Graphic/Pixel Artist
"Prof.Face-Palm" - Ayumu - Graphic/Pixel Artist
"warox" - Cris - Graphic/Pixel Artist

"Kyrul" - Brenden - Video Producer
"Zocan" - Zoc - Map Designer

"Chongo" - Ryan - Musician

Company Website Coming Soon: www.sleddoggames.com/
Company PGS Forum: sleddoggames.com/forums/
Promo Youtube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLgk-gl82o
Feel free to ask for the Skype URI to join our Chat room and talk with the team.

The website should be redesigned within the next two weeks. A proper forum background etc. should be applied within that same time frame. We're just now making our transition to everything under our Company URL.

RECRUITING

The Visual Department (Mapping Team) is currently seeking:

- Tile Designers to create Buildings/Houses from scratch or at least have the ability to edit tiles

- Skilled Mappers (The mapping process should begin within two-three weeks once tile properties & some demo maps are created for the engine)

The Graphic/Pixel Art department is currently seeking

- Artist(s) to draw NPC avatars such as these: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j4CH5d6IwPk/T-hp4lLiy-I/AAAAAAAABOE/uDx4TrQaoCM/s1600/pokebeach-trainer-montage.png in any style

- Artist(s) to draw walking sprites such as these: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/25/26955.png but in BW style
Walking sprites will be for our Donation Store (upon release),Staff Sprites and some in-game Sprites for players

If you're interested in an interview please contact: Tangalicious0414 on Skype

THIS IS A NON PAID COMPANY PROJECT. If you decide to interview and is skilled enough to make our staff. You'll be invited to join paid projects in the future. You must be at least 17 years of age or mature for your age if under 17 for an interview.

Perks of being on staff:
1) Custom in-game staff sprite
2) Staff only in-game commands (abusing these commands will get you banned)
3) Staff Email
4) Staff Blog
5) Upgraded Forum Rank
more to be announced in later updates

If anyone has any questions about Pokemon Guardians of the Sea or would like to interview please contact me on skype at Tangalicious0414 or send me a private message on Pixelation. I will be following this thread until our Recruitment process is completed.

Have a Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:28:56 pm by Tang »

Offline Tang

• View Profile
I'm now available to answer any questions or concerns for anyone who is interested in knowing more about this project until our recruitment process for the last few positions is filled. If anyone has any questions about the legitimacy of this project or our likelihood of successful completion of this MMO. Please ask away!

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account
I wonder if nintendo won't issue a cease and desist order or start a lawsuit over using their trademarked characters. :l
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile
I wonder if nintendo won't issue a cease and desist order or start a lawsuit over using their trademarked characters. :l

Interestingly enough, Nintendo seems exceptionally awesome in that regard. To my knowledge, they haven't done anything about non-commercial (!!) games using their IPs in the past; unlike certain others *glares at Square Enix* >:(
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Tang

• View Profile

Interestingly enough, Nintendo seems exceptionally awesome in that regard. To my knowledge, they haven't done anything about non-commercial (!!) games using their IPs in the past; unlike certain others *glares at Square Enix* >:(

Nintendo to my knowledge has been pretty lenient with Pokemon MMO's.  Part of our team used to host and develop, Pokemon Den of Ages MMO which lasted from 2006-2012 (We shut the game down to begin making PGS).  Also, there is a bunch of other Pokemon MMO's which have been around for the last half decade such as Pokemon World Online, Pokemon Dawn of Darkness and PokeMMO.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:16:00 pm by Tang »

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account
Ah, pretty interesting indeed. Best of luck for you folks then!
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Tang

• View Profile
Ah, pretty interesting indeed. Best of luck for you folks then!

Thank you for your interest.  I'll attempt to keep our fellow responders via PM on our progress though out the entire project.

Offline Tang

• View Profile
Btw everyone, here is a few spoilers: 

Sprite Example:
Another Sprite Example (this one we won't use for in-game (private, do not use)):

Draft of one of our cave songs: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7wo1ztfarvadchv/Lost+Cave+Draft+1.mp3

Remoraid Submarine for deep sea diving:

Little example of underwater diving possibly using some our graphics:

Offline Tang

• View Profile
We're no longer Recruiting (I will no longer be visiting this thread)

If you would like to join the community please join us at our company website (under construction):

sleddoggames.com

Please join our forums and help us build an active community.

I'll create a new thread at some point in time showing spoilers :D