AuthorTopic: [REVSHARE] Sci-fi/horror adventure game, character/sprite artist needed.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline nainy

• View Profile
Hello, pixelation :)

We are a group of amateur enthusiasts looking to create an old-school adventure game. Amongst us, we have a programmer, a writer/author, two artists and a musician.

Our project is titled "Indign". It is a noir-ish depressive-ish sci-fi/horror game. I don't really want to spoil anything here, so I'll just say that the plot is a weird combination of Akira, Sanitarium and Silent Hill, but also none of the above. As far as game mechanics go, think Full Throttle, Beneath A Steel Sky and Monkey Island (you like those word-fights, don't you? well, we have something better in mind). Graphic wise, we're looking at downsampled, low-fi backgrounds and pixel characters/sprites with static cut-scenes and lots of in-game animation. Gemini Rue and Primordia would be the closest to what we're looking for. We're planning lots of interesting features like dialog close-ups, stylish dynamic lightning and a battle system to fight some of the monsters in-game.

We need a pixel artist who is familiar with most of the titles mentioned and also has a thing for depressive/noir-ish art, because that would be the main notion of the game. We want high quality pixels with a low quality look - if that makes sense to you, you're basically what we're looking for. Location doesn't matter at all.

Keep in mind, this is a revenue share. If you are in, you get an equal cut of what we can make in the end, that's all there is to it. Also, keep in mind that we aren't making money, we are making a game.

We've decided on using Visionaire Studio as our game engine. This is the engine Daedalic uses to make their awesome games like Deponia, Chains of Satinav, Whispered World, etc. Suits our needs perfectly.

Contact me here or via email on my profile. Cheers :)

Some examples of the art we've accrued over recent half of the year (not all and not final):

None-downsampled bg, early version.

Surreal? Yeah, we have that. (in works)

Early version of the main character, too detailed though