AuthorTopic: Girl with a gun - Shooting Animation [WIP][C+C]  (Read 10374 times)

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: Girl with a gun - Shooting Animation [WIP][C+C]

Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 11:25:11 pm
It's part of her orange blouse underneath white vest. Maybe I should add a turtle neck.

Offline Nmb910

• Game Developer
    • View Profile
    • Enemby

Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 03:47:15 am
It's part of her orange blouse underneath white vest. Maybe I should add a turtle neck.
With the space you have to try and suggest that things are going to get pretty difficult. :/

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:42 am
Why doesn't anyone on this site openly admit to drawing an established character? ???

Heather Mason, Silent Hill 3:

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 10:10:25 am
 @tehwexxl0rz
;D Do you think that it can be hidden? That I'm representing myself as Masahiro Ito.:D In my previous treads I always said that drawings are for the Silent Hill animation, but people were not very interested. I didn't get any comments for a long time, especially when I made Pyramid head. This time didn't want to insist on that, because I wanted from people to look it as it is, a girl with a gun. This way I could get some original suggestions that are not influenced directly from a game. Anyone who played the game can recognize her in a second, so it's not an attempt to sell it as my own OC. If that's bad, you can blame it on me.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 10:13:23 am
Sure, the muted palette is just my personal taste :) What I really wanted to show was how hue-shifting can make your colors more dynamic and interesting to look at. In your sprite there's no hue-shifts going on. But real world colors don't work quite like that, at least not in terms of how our eyes perceive them. In areas with less light, like the underside of arms and such, colors will appear cooler and less saturated.

Here's a more saturated version with skin colors shifted a bit more towards orange:

About the newest bang: Looks cool. Gives it a bit more upbeat, cartoonish feel than the grimness onslaught of Silent Hill tho if that's what you're going for.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:16:04 am by ErekT »

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 11:04:00 am
I understand, you are right. I just used darker color tone for shades, and I didn't think about hue-shift.  That's very helpful, thank you. :) I will work on that.