AuthorTopic: The Guyver C&C  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Probo

• View Profile

The Guyver C&C

on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:23 pm
Hi guys, been a while since ive posted! how is everyone.

Anybody remember The Guyver? I was making this chibi-ish Guyver One, and i just couldnt get it to a point i was happy with it. So even though it was practically finished, i abandoned it for a month. I think theres stuff wrong with this that im not even seeing, id love some critique.

Offline Savick

• View Profile

Re: The Guyver C&C

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:06:50 pm
I didn't believe it was 16 colors at first so good going with that. I can't see anything wrong with it, but I'm a beginner when it comes to pixel stuff. I like the pose and shading.  :y:

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:31:09 pm
thanks a lot! i guess i feel like ive hit a bit of a plateau skills wise. I feel ive come a long way in the last year but can still stand to improve a lot, and the path is a little unclear.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:01:13 pm
No more one-liners please~
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 01:37:29 am
Its been a few weeks and it dropped off the front page, so i think i can bump this as per the rules?

Still would love some more feedback on this, like any general advice on what i could work on skills-wise.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:46 am
main problem I see here is that both upper legs have a different length and his left lower arm also lacks foreshortening.
I mean in general it seems that there is no real foreshortening going on - it just looks like a doll arranged on a flat surface- if you get what I mean.

Especially if you look at the height of the knees and the length of the upper and lower legs, you see if you connect the poinst there, that the lines are all horizontal, but there should be differents in heights due to weight and perspective.

Also the shoulder usually moves a tad up, if we raise the arm.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:04 am
i do see exactly what you mean! thanks! Its a very flat pose to begin with, the upper body in particular is almost like hes shimmying down a very narrow alleyway, and then I have aspects of his armour and anatomy symmetrical in size when even with the flatness of the pose in places, there should be some foreshortening.

I need to work on traditional drawing skills i think, I shouldve caught the raised shoulder thing though  :-[

i probably cant save it entirely but im working on an edit as we speak

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 04:32:18 pm

needs a lot of tidying up, but do you think this is a decent improvement so far?