AuthorTopic: C64 pallette  (Read 23956 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: C64 pallette

Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 09:19:31 am

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 10:45:54 pm
thanks everyone, you have made me see the light :D

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 12:06:54 am
Glad to see the topic around again.  I think this is helpful for anyone trying to improve, just because it teaches you to look at the darkness or lightness and not the hue. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 12:10:03 am
I believe this topic should be pinned.

Or all the stuff put into tools, tips, and tutorials.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 12:42:24 am
I thought that maybe it should be pinned, but then I realized we could just reference to this topic if anyone asked. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 01:09:45 am
I'm not sure, do they have autopruning on this forum... I suppose its small enough that they have it turned off, so we need not worry.

Everyone would probably disagree wth me, plus I realize myself that it would be a dumb idea, but have a subforum in pixel art dedicated to c64 (maybe ZX as well, I bet Gas would be happy). If any moderators read this btw, is there any kind of formal legislation for something like that, because I could write a proposal and we could take a democratic vote.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:11:23 am by Takai Soyokaze »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 03:05:30 am
have a subforum in pixel art dedicated to c64 (maybe ZX as well, I bet Gas would be happy).
Do you think that the main 'pixel art' forum gets enough traffic to warrant such a division?

If it was done, it should be a more general 'retro' forum, for works that have harsh/technical restrictions
(doublewidth pixels as in C64 or CPC, doubleheight pixels as in Amiga or CPC, color limit per 'cell' as in C64 or ZXSpectrum, restricted color choice as well as restricted num of colors as in CPC, ZXSpectrum, C64..)

If any moderators read this btw, is there any kind of formal legislation for something like that, because I could write a proposal and we could take a democratic vote.

I believe the admins agree that democracy is not how to run a board.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 03:09:30 am
There is no autopruning I know of, only a manual "delete posts not posted in since X days" and noone is gonna do that anytime soon if ever, we have 1 gig of space and text does not take up much space anyway.

And democracy in a forum is ok to a certain extent, but for something like this nah. Pretty much what Ai said there, the board would not get much traffic, and there wont be a retro board either, next thing you know people want a Iso board and stuff like that. The old pixelation had a animation board at one point and that did not make much sense either, so there.
We don't even havd a wip and finished board anymore.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 04:37:01 am
I think, having tried the opposite, we are going to be returning to a more streamlined Pixelation this time around. We'll grow when we need to grow, not grow inspite of ourselves.

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 10:48:37 am
Say, is there some neat trick to validate this 3 + 1 colours per 4x8 tile (or 2 colours per 8x8 for highres) or are you guys doing it manually? I'm using Promotion and my hope is that such a trick might be hidden there somewhere. I heard someone mentioning a c64-only graphic prog - tiamat or something. Could someone point a link to it please?
Thank's and bye.