AuthorTopic: Trio [Zelda-like retro art, music, etc.]  (Read 12681 times)

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Re: Trio [Zelda-like retro art, music, etc.]

Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 08:19:54 pm
the expression when he tries to lift it doesnt seem right to me, it looks more like a surprised look.  I think it would be something more like this:

http://c3e308.medialib.glogster.com/media/a2/a2a76e0d8713ee194bf18a7b7813f26baecb87f12f6cdb48474d9ba186933c34/heavy-lifting.jpg

I think you're actually right, as was PPD in his example animation, thanks for pointing it out.  I'll try out some facial variations later today/tomorrow to find something that clicks a bit better with a "lifting" face -- all I know is that I kind of have that "Surprised" look on my face when I lift, but I think I'm in the minority   :lol:

For the hair, I personally prefer subtle animations and I don't try to match them to what the body is doing, just make it feel right. Example of an old sprite of mine:

Good point, I think you're right.  I'm going to tone down the hair a bit and see if it looks a little less silly that way.  Probably still a bit jumpy (since I want him to look like he has a large mass of hair) but definitely a bit less extreme.

Thanks for the feedback like always guys!

Scrapping this project, it's become too much of a ALttP clone and I've grown sick with it.  I think I'm going to work on my general art/music skills a bit more before going forward with my next (and more original) game idea.

Thanks for everything though!  Learned a lot through this.

EDIT: mostly dropping because I think if I work hard on my art/music skills for another few months and see how much better I get.  I agree with /v/, this is too much like a glorified romhack and not an original game idea.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:52:29 pm by PixelPiledriver »