AuthorTopic: Need help with a player sprite for a 2D game  (Read 5325 times)

Offline dk99

• View Profile

Need help with a player sprite for a 2D game

on: January 11, 2014, 04:49:18 pm
I'm making a small 2D game in Java for a college assignment, I've got a lot set out, collisions, gravity etc. and up until now I've been using a white box to test it and its about time I got in an animated player, I know how to do the code, but I lack a sprite sheet I can use. After about an hour of playing around I've come to the realisation I cannot do graphics. Can anyone help me out by pointing me to a place where I could get a sprite sheet? or someone to make me one? It would be 32x64. It's a side-on game and the player is going to be running & standing still. Any help would be very appreciated.

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Re: Need help with a player sprite for a 2D game

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:51 pm
well if you want something custom made, then move this post to the job request section.  Or if youre okay using ripped sprites spriters-resource.com has sprite sheets ripped from many old games that you could use though I cant think of any games off the top of my head that use 32x64 characters but Im sure you could find one if you look around, or you could upscale a smaller sprite.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Need help with a player sprite for a 2D game

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:10:03 pm
Maybe you can find something here:
http://opengameart.org/

After about an hour of playing around I've come to the realisation I cannot do graphics.
Spend some time learning basic art theory and doing pre written exercises.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1