AuthorTopic: Working on this RPG sprite base animation again. [nudity]  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Sharm

• View Profile
I've been working on some older stuff, including this base:

I've improved quite a bit since the last time I worked on it but it still seems a little off, especially the legs in the side view.  Despite my effort and study I'm still terrible at animation.  Help would be most appreciated.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Working on this RPG sprite base animation again. [nudity]

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:24:22 am
Here's some thoughts.
It has some mistakes.

Despite my effort and study I'm still terrible at animation.
Have you done the done the bouncing ball and flour sack tests?
You should really do these at least a few dozen times with different ideas applied to them.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Re: Working on this RPG sprite base animation again. [nudity]

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:04:21 am
I wish I could add more frames like that, but I can't with the engine.  Unfortunately the animation has to be done with 3 images making a 4 frame animation. 1213. Sorry, I forgot to mention that in the first post.  Still, thanks, I think I can see a few things I can tweak.

I haven't done the flower sack test, is that the one where you imbue emotion into the sack?  Mostly by study I mean life drawing, people watching, and looking closely at how other people do their animation.  I guess I should go back to basics and set aside some time to do a more thorough study.