AuthorTopic: Post your oldest piece of pixel art.  (Read 38106 times)

Offline ironwallaby

• the pixel artist formerly known as nem
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website

Re: Post your oldest piece of pixel art.

Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 01:27:18 pm
Wow, you guys keep all your old stuff? Mine's been gone for years with all the computers I've had  :(  The first stuff I ever did was little digimon-like characters -- 1 bit.

I remember the first thing I posted to Pixelation (like, a year or two later, August 2002) was a little animated woman with a shotgun of some kind for a sidescroller project I made.

The oldest thing I still have lying around is this guy, from February 2003. First real dithering and AA I ever did.

It was followed in about a month by this, which sorta sparked an art style I've been toying with in some form or other from then on: (only now, I'm using conte crayons and charcoals, which is why you don't see much pixel from me anymore  :mean:)

And yes, that fad was mine. I did the lineart for it. I remember, since it was one of my chibis and a lot of people got mad at me for screwing up the chest. But by the time I'd have gone back and fixed it, 40 people had already cloned the little sucker, so I didn't bother.

(btw, freaking LOVE the new emoticons.  ;D)

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 11:30:02 pm

this is the bomb! :y:

Lost most of my ol' pixels  :sry: , still have two pieces though

such hideous colors..

Offline Enichan

• Rawr n__n
    • View Profile

Reply #82 on: September 21, 2006, 11:18:48 pm
Well not my first piece of pixel art, those are too horrible to show, but I do consider this to be my first true piece of pixel art, as it was the first picture that I had methodically done after reading tsugumo's tutorials, and the first pic posted on Pixelation, and lead me down a whacky road of way too cutesy sprites.

EDIT: Looking at this again I think I wanna use that demon leg as a base for an enemy on the thing I'm working on yeeaars later. Talk about coming full circle.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 11:20:30 pm by Enichan »

Werewolf

Reply #83 on: September 22, 2006, 01:36:13 am
wow, I was there for the start of indigo, zolthorg, steven (but that couldn't have been the original name), meta|fox, flaber, marsh or (clr I guess),  and I remember when lief came to the forum one day and freaking amazed people with that picture. heh, I feel old...

sorry, I lost all of my old pixel art when my hard drive died... since the forums back I'm back, so not long now...

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #84 on: September 22, 2006, 10:29:34 am
You feel old because you remember those people?  :huh:

I remember the first pieces of Pixelation itself. I believe the first time I registered was when that huge piece around the frame of the Amélie Poulain movie was created. But that was after I was already going to Pixelation for a long while.

A lot of the moderators have been going to Pixelation from it's very start actually

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: September 23, 2006, 04:29:05 am
'couple real old things (read, year and a half at most)

That's right, transparency didn't exist back then. And bonus points for a .jpegged tree!

Offline Dejital

• Me parrot ate me treasure map!
    • View Profile
    • Dejital Studio

Reply #86 on: September 23, 2006, 04:43:01 am
 :n:

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #87 on: September 23, 2006, 10:11:37 am
:n:

Nooo.. they rock. We all love the Nintendo.

Offline Sampe

• View Profile

Reply #88 on: September 23, 2006, 12:06:47 pm
This is the oldest one I could find:

:)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #89 on: November 26, 2006, 08:45:58 am
Earliest pice that I've still got. Did it 8 years ago. The scenery is copied from a picture story book and the dragon, castle etc. was
slapped on for the game.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi