AuthorTopic: King Arthur's Gold  (Read 12184 times)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: King Arthur's Gold

Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:58 pm
Just colors?!

Color theft is a serious offense! Whoever did this shall be condemned to go to pixel hell where from now until all eternities end they will be forced to push full black pixels on a full white 2x2 canvas while all other means of expression are taken away from them.

* Dennis steps back into the dark shadows where folks are largely unconcerned about colors.

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 09:40:21 pm
..forced to push full black pixels on a full white 2x2 canvas..

Lmao  :crazy: :crazy:

We should have an activity like that here, see how long it takes until someone declares us all insane..

Offline Lanarky

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 07:47:51 am
Colors aren't that big of a deal, I mean, it's not like you could copyright this or that shade of yellow or blue. But it's just as easy to make your own palette then search for one.

But it's like taking mario, and making up a plumber who looks like, but is not the same style and claiming that as your own. But now with the side-by-side comparison, I don't think it's even close to the same. Used as a reference sure, but drastically different.

(does anybody else see the minesweeper in the bottom corner?  :D)

Offline RAV

• View Profile
    • Blackbox Voxel Tool

Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:13 am
I'd say there's a difference between picking some colour and a fine-tuned palette as a whole.

However, the derivative property of a work is defined by several indicators, not in isolation but combination, colours is one clue among several to properly justify a case.

And there is a proportion of inspiration taken and work accomplished. It is silly to discredit a huge and fantastic work just because of some similarity of colour in some part of it; yet in a small and uninteresting one of which the choice of colours might be its only redeeming standout feature, that may bear mentioning by someone.

It should be given appreciation how difficult it is to really distinguish a work on small scale towards the purpose of it; there is just so much you can expect. However if there is a remaining opportunity for differentiation, making good on it shall be its glory, more than the miss its shame.

Then there is something to be said about manners when people make it a dedicated effort to provide for you. But also, it should be in relation of how much it matters to their benefit, and how much it matters to the goal and success of your work.

Not my business really, just some general thoughts.