AuthorTopic: Just another walking monster [CC]  (Read 5328 times)

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Re: Just another walking monster [CC]

Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 11:19:06 pm
I like the head rotation you added.  One thing I just noticed that looks off is on his right arm, when hes bringing it back theres 1 frame where suddenly the sword is angled forward.  I think this is throwing it off.

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 09:27:51 pm
R1K: Nice Catch! I cannot believe that I missed that during all the hours I have looked at this animation.

HarveyDentMustDie:

Thanks for all you feedback. I changed the leg movement. Not exactly as the screen shots you provided since you walk differently when you walk hunched (at least I do) . I hope it look less like he is ice skating now.

Also changed the feets some. Dunno if it looks better though.

Made the cloth less stiff.

As for the blades. I agree they look a bit boring. However, I am doing a lof enemies so this one will have the straight blades stuff. The Prince of Persia sword comes later  :)

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:09 am
Walk is better now. :) But feet are not. :( You should change background color, so we can better see white pixel parts.

Even if blades are straight, they should be some other color. Make them darker,add some details, dirt or dried blood. As I said be creative.  :y:

You improved cloth animation, but form it's still very plain. You should add couple big wrinkles.

Also, if you already have good shadows on his body why not in the cloth. When his arm goes in front of him, it will cast a shadow. That will add more to realism. :)