AuthorTopic: [PAID: $20/hr] Colourful ORPG  (Read 3400 times)

Offline pixelrealms

• View Profile

[PAID: $20/hr] Colourful ORPG

on: November 17, 2013, 05:40:10 pm

In-game snapshots

!Project Info!

The amount of work available can vary week by week, but ideally, I'm looking for a go-to artist that is in it for the long-term and is comfortable working with a variety of task types (tiles, sprites, UI, items, etc).

Payment is sent via PayPal per asset, after proof of completion is shown (such as a .jpg).

The game is far from complete but does have a closed alpha up that generates a steady revenue. All art costs are funded by this server.

!Contact!

Skype SN -- askypetochatandstuff

E-mail -- doohl-savien@outlook.com

Please include samples of art if you're sending a e-mail! =) If I like what I see, I should get back to you within 24 hours or less.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:11:26 pm by pixelrealms »

Offline Mak3c

• View Profile

Re: [PAID: $20/hr] Colourful ORPG

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:36:12 pm
I require further explanation of your act, as I feel that you've kicked me for the wrong reasons, and I think we can work it out.
While working with you, you have treated me in such a way should never be applied to a fellow client, or friend at work.
You treated me like this was my first project, nevertheless I have 4 years of experience in the pixelart, therefore I feel injustice.

I am posting this here mainly because Mr.//, as he named himself on skype would ignore all my private messages or contact requests.
Dear artists related to the project in any way please share your thoughts about the project or all the new participants I'd recommend you to take extra care when
working so that it won't happen to you the same as it did to me.

Best wishes,

Mak

Offline pixelrealms

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:04:24 am
1.) I offered payment for the sample you were to provide before you started, so that if I disliked it, your time wouldn't have been wasted (it was $40 for 2 hours work--$20 beforehand, and $20 for the .jpg). You refused the offer. I also explained that you can send any art in .jpg as well, including the sample, for safety reasons.

2.) I told you that you probably wouldn't be hired after the boat was submitted, because I knew at that point that a working relationship most likely wasn't going to be possible. While I don't wish to insult your skill as an artist because I've not really seen much of your work, the two samples sent were below the quality I'd expect. It's better if we both parted ways then and there.

3.) I have done nothing negatively besides refusing to accept you onto my project, nor have I purposely wasted your time. You aren't a co-worker nor a client (well, I would be the client in this case), because the sample you provided was rejected.

Summarized: if anyone wishes to work with me, they will be compensated for their time (even if it's just a test sample) and can send any pieces in .jpg until payment has been sent. There's no risk in joining my project whatsoever, as long as you handle yourself professionally.

Offline philllchabbb

• View Profile
    • philllchabbb.com

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:51 am
Summarized: if anyone wishes to work with me, they will be compensated for their time (even if it's just a test sample) and can send any pieces in .jpg until payment has been sent. There's no risk in joining my project whatsoever, as long as you handle yourself professionally.

That is quite honorable. I've sent you an email. :)