AuthorTopic: [WIP] Bunny Witch Girl  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Overkill

• View Profile
    • i make video games

[WIP] Bunny Witch Girl

on: November 27, 2013, 01:13:20 am
Hey, I started drawing a bunny witch girl.

mockup rough:

sprite by itself:

The bunny ears are artificial decorations attached to her hat. Her skin is supposed to be shaded like skin, not fur.

thoughts I had:
- Trying to show a tattoo on her right arm / our left seems to be difficult while also trying to keep things anatomically correct. (dress is supposed to be asymmetrical so her tattoo is more exposed)
- I'm having difficulty making her boots stand out from her stockings. I think they need to have a wider 'opening'?
- The anatomy / posing needs fix ups but I'm not entirely sure
- Her stockings need fixing
- Trying to show that she has wide hips, but I think I need to exaggerate it more. Ugh this is tricky with the dress there
- The hat is hard to read behind those ears
- Various messy shading
- Leg posing could be less boring

I appreciate any C + C / edits.

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Bunny Witch Girl

Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:11 am
I'd like to see the face carry some more expression. You've got some free space there, and now she's mostly looking indifferent (if anything at all). It doesn't connect in any way to the implied emotion of the content of her speech.

As for technique, there are some 45 degree angle lines that look very strange. These are notably disruptive on the right arm and left thigh.

Good colours, though shading could use some more contrast.
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Overkill

• View Profile
    • i make video games

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 06:05:23 am
Here is an update:

- Attempting to fix posing/anatomy
- Fix up the shading in spots
- More expressive face

Thoughts?

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:13:54 am
Cute design, but I'd try drawing her naked first, and putting the clothes on top; her anatomy is very vague looking right now. I'm not sure how her legs connect to her torso, for example.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:02:24 pm

Adjusted the palette (wider range of values with much darker darks and slightly darker midtones, also bumped up the saturation on the lighter colors)
Slimmed down the shoulders. Wide shoulders are a masculine trait.
Lengthened legs. Also adjusted leg anatomy. You're neglecting the calves and length of the tibia/fibula.
Brought the hat down onto her head. added drop shadow on face and hair from hat.
moved breast and defined the side of the torso.
defined the hands. made one ear floppy. gave the hat some character.

As jams0988 said, drawing the forms before adding clothing would be the best thing to do. Studying real human anatomy and proportions will also be of great benefit.

Also work on a neutral-colored background so you get a more non-biased idea of your color relationships.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:58:17 pm by Cure »