AuthorTopic: Mr. Nose - Quick Sprite I Made  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Katakus

• Oops
    • View Profile
    • Katakus Forums

Mr. Nose - Quick Sprite I Made

on: July 19, 2006, 06:33:31 pm
I made this fairly quick a while ago and I guess it could use a good touch-up but I thought it looked somewhat "cool', so I posted it here. I know I'm going to get lots of criticism on this. :)

I was going to give him ears, hair and some wrinkles but I was too lazy at the time. You are welcome to re-colour it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:35:06 pm by Katakus »
--------------------

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Re: Mr. Nose - Quick Sprite I Made

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:37:17 pm
The shading/dithering needs a lot of work IMO.  The body is also way too AA-ed.  The lines on the cheeks and nose shouldn't be shown.  Overall, the AA is a bit extreme and there's too much dithering where it's not needed.

Offline Katakus

• Oops
    • View Profile
    • Katakus Forums

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 07:57:31 pm
I tried a different approach with the dithering on this image and this was my first AA attempt. I might re-colour it over again... if I feel like it. :P
--------------------

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 09:25:29 pm
I am not sure if it's ment to be like this due to style but the "Anatomy" :S of the head if all wrong. His eyes are on his forehead, he has no chin. His cheek bones are in the wrong place aswel. As said before the dithering and Anti-Analising are far too extream.
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Katakus

• Oops
    • View Profile
    • Katakus Forums

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 09:58:27 pm
I am not sure if it's ment to be like this due to style but the "Anatomy" :S of the head if all wrong. His eyes are on his forehead, he has no chin. His cheek bones are in the wrong place aswel. As said before the dithering and Anti-Analising are far too extream.
I wasn't going for a very realistic image, it was going for a more cartoony look. But thanks for the help. I don't think I've actually drawn a very realistic sprite, I will do that soon.
--------------------

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 12:01:06 am
Thats a rip of a Da Vinci painting!!

jk.  good to see an effort.  i don't know if you are going to do any alterations on the image now, but for a start I would get rid of the edge-line on the nose.

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 02:16:09 am
I personally would like to see you draw something new =)

Well, actually, I just want you to draw something new because I can't comment on this. It creeps me out so much that I can't make it to the C&C stage ^_^

Whoa, until 2 seconds ago I thought that the body was just a random little man, I didn't realize it was connected to the head =P

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 03:46:01 pm
Whoa, until 2 seconds ago I thought that the body was just a random little man, I didn't realize it was connected to the head =P
Wow, that is creepy. I thought a dude was getting eaten.