AuthorTopic: [UnPaid] Pixel art Artist for Pinball DMD art and animation  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Saito

• View Profile
Presentation :
Hi all,

We are some french pinball enthousiat and we do our best to create a new pinball machine. The main theme is about china and we are currently building a prototype version.

It's a long term project as we all have real jobs but we spend a lot of time on that and the playfield is already shaping up !!

We are seeking for all skilled artist who want to be part of our team. Be creative and we will be happy. I recommend you to have some pinball interest so you can bring some fresh new idea to this project.

The project :
While the player is playing, we have to display score and have some nice animation when entering into some special modes. If you want to see some really nice pinball dmd animation, look at Williams "Scared stiff" on youtube :

Dot matrix display resolution is about 128x32 with only 2bit depth (monochrome). We plan to increase the bit depth to 4bit, or even 8bit to give more room to the designer if possible. On such low res display a pixel artist will be a real asset !!

The team :
I'm an electronic engineer and the two other people are software engineer and a painter.

License and payment:
All our project will be under the CC BY-NC-SA license, including hardware and software. We plan to build a limited run of pinball machine if people are showing some interest to this project. If so we will consider royalties or payment to the pixel art artist as a member of the team.

If you are interested in working with us, please pm me !!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:15:58 pm by Saito »