AuthorTopic: Megamind Baby  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Re: Megamind Baby

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 04:31:32 pm
Alright, I'll leave it at that then.

Sorry for the boring reference, I'm still not clear as to what a stellar reference is however. I'll start working on something else.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 07:51:17 am
Just quickly...

^ Looks like a random screen grab not appropriate for an art piece. Overall boring to look at, not much happening, boring pose, bad frontal lighting flattens forms, fish competing for attention. Boring symmetrical composition, looks more like cropped image than an actual composition.

^ more dynamic and interesting pose for camera, well balanced primary and secondary focal points that keep your eye moving around within the image. lighting is offset to bring out the forms.

If you want to make an artpiece then try stepping out a little from directly copying the reference.
Try combining multiple references or at least consider the background and lighting oppurtunities to form an interesting scene.

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 03:04:26 pm
Thank you so much for your explanation, decroded. I understand better now. Since I'm still a beginner, I thought copying references was a good way to improve. What you're really saying is that I should use multiple references to create something unique as opposed to copying just one reference.