AuthorTopic: Platform based game - Pixel artist needed  (Read 2986 times)

Offline nirav_nikhil

• I love making games
    • View Profile

Platform based game - Pixel artist needed

on: October 11, 2013, 07:57:14 am
Hi guys,
I am making a platformer adventure game. It is a game based on searching places and finding stuff which will finally help defeat the main villain.
I program and design games but I cant draw proper graphics, let alone pixelart. So, I require a pixel artist who will work with me on the game.
Yes, It is unpaid job.

You need to draw and animate main character :
a robot
enemies
And possibly the background

The visual style will be like metal slug {something}
the character will be a cross of wall-e and the robot pictures i found on [http://inklesspress.com/robots.htm]. Specially the robot ant and one hand robot. It is gonna be a cool mechanical robot.

The setting( backgrounds) will be in something like a factory, forest, Underwater and places like that.

The robot had fallen off a spaceship because of attack of the evil big robot. Now to return back to it's master it must find it;s broken parts like jet pack, gun and stuff. All of them are hidden in a big world.

The levels will be nonlinear. no matter which you play first and which you complete last.
all levels must be finished to go to the boss stage.

I require those art assets

As of what will you get from it, You will get satisfaction and credits{FOR SURE}

If you want more details about the game or if you want to  be my pixel artist, please message me... ;D

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:28:31 pm by nirav_nikhil »

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Re: Platform based game - Pixel artist needed

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 12:58:45 pm
possibly credits? lmoa

Not to be rude but why on earth would an artist want to work on something like this when they could work on their own stuff? When there is literally nothing to gain?

It's pretty audacious to expect someone to make 60% of your game not even be willing to guarantee a credit.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:04:54 pm by AlcopopStar »

Offline nirav_nikhil

• I love making games
    • View Profile

Re: Platform based game - Pixel artist needed

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:27:30 pm
MY bad
I was implying that if anybody participated, they would get credits. Of cource. How can I deny what is already theirs.
Sorry for your misunderstanding [or maybe my bad english]. Either ways, i will edit it right away...
By the way, how do you think of my idea??